Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 08:07 PM   #1
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, I was really hoping to finish Shurgeon without assisstance, but I am at a loss were to go next. I've found 3 of the elements; the tusk, the angry baby head, and the flying blue wing thing. I've opened the door to that pleasant chap Haelephus (or whatever it is.) I imagine he can't be defeated in straight combat until I do something else; I undloaded on him with everything I had , plus 5 summoned Spiders and a longtooth helping out, and nobody got even a single point of damage through to him. I've found the sewers, I've dealth with Lysandra, I've placed 3 of the status on the pedestals, I've had a lovely chat with D'Soto..... any ideas where to go?

Thanks for any hints!
Old 11-19-2000, 08:22 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you get the one from the armory?? - you know that locked door with the broken chain and the skeleton on the other side. SHOOT - what was his name? hARROW AT'EM ???
When you say you had a nice chat with D'Soto - in the banquet hall or IN his room? Did you check his chest?? (pneumonia I think)
I forget which thingie comes from where - your other choices are the treasure vault and the dungeon, but I think you have those already!

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 08:30 PM   #3
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

hi Wyv!

The ones I have are from the vampire girl, the one in the armory, and the one behind the locked doors where you have to do that strange gargoyle pull chain puzzle there. I did chat with DSoto in his nice, drafty room, as well as when he launches into his mournful speech next to his niec picture. I'll have to see if I missed a chest in his room, as that would give me 4.. any hints on the others?
Old 11-19-2000, 08:39 PM   #4
Regis
Welcomed New User

Armory - Kill Guard
Treasury - Gargoyle Chains
Sewers - Steal from Lysandra or opt for Vampirism

*D'Soto's Tower - Treasure chest in corner of room (good luck getting back down that lift)

Sounds like the only other one you missed was from Ardibren himself. If it ran anything like my game, Ardibren told you to meet him outside southeast of the Castle, but you were in the middle of a battle when he said it and didn't notice. Ardibren also tells you what you have to do to defeat Haleabus.
Old 11-19-2000, 08:41 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah slip ...... Didn't you get one from the Wiz guy?? YOu know, outside the castle where you go to talk to him??

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 08:47 PM   #6
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah! Thanks. I'll bet that's it.. I need to recheck D'Soto's cell and go outside and talk to the dwarf guy; I was in the middle of a battle with imps and skeletons and probably missed that; I heard him blathering on about being a squire, then my attention was subsumed by those irritating imps casting elemental blast on me; by the time I turned back he was disappearing.

I've herad some people say once they leave the castle they can't get back in.. is it best just to use the front gate lever? Should it stay open them?
Old 11-19-2000, 08:54 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Didn't any of your team become a ninja?

Lower the drawbridge and it should stay down and you can always go back in via the moat/broken wall route.

Wyv

(there are too many good people leaving really good answers to other players questions! I feel postless)

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 08:58 PM   #8
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Nope, no ninjas yet.. in fact, I've been quite lax on the guild quests... everyone is still in their starting roles except for my single warlock. My initial rollings were so crappy it's taken me 10+ levels of advancement just to get the minimum requirements, heh
Old 11-21-2000, 12:00 AM   #9
Vincewind

Sorta having the same problem, but diffrent. I have the one from the sewers, (Killed the vampire, didn't steal or accept vampirism) I have the one from D'soto's squire, and D'sotos tower, and right now I'm stuck in the stupid treasury I think. It's the room with alot of gargoyle chains that apparently open the portcullis in question. Well, if this is the treasure room, could someone e-mail me the spoiler for the chains? And if not, well, let me know so I can stop waisting away in this room trying to figure it out. Thanks.
E-mail is as_babcock@yahoo.com

Old 11-21-2000, 12:52 AM   #10
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah, those fun gargoyle chains There's one that keeps changing status.. the key is to change all of those except that one.. when you finally get all of the others changed, THEN pull that one.. the treasure vault should open. If not, repeat, working in a clockwise fashion, ending with that one yank!