Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 04:54 AM   #1
Balladeer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible spoiler info follows...
Apparently I have the only copy of the software with this bug...

The first time I played the game, it worked just fine. Phaere sent me to replace the eggs, Soulafein gave me his copies, I cast Sanctuary on myself, snuck into the treasury, placed Phaere's fakes in the container, removed the real eggs, snuck out, went back to Phaere, gave her Soulafeins copies, and proceded to the ritual.

Now however, that is impossible. No matter how I sneak into the treasury, even the same way as above that worked before, as soon as I replace the eggs, everyone in the entire city goes hostile, including Phaere, and I cannot give her the eggs.

I have not seen, nor been able to bring up with a search, any post about this. So if anyone has ever seen this before, please let me know what is up. I'd really like to be able to complete Ust Natha the proper way without having to kill every last resident and force my way out.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2001, 05:04 AM   #2
Balladeer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I found the answer. Baldurdash has a patch specifically for that prolem. Apparently it only occurs after having installed TOB (which I hadn't the first time through). With TOB installed, drow can see invisible characters no matter what, so there's no way to sneak in and out, even when Sanctuaried. I'll try the bugfix and see what happens. I'll leave this here in case anyone else has the same problem and needs the answer.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:17 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yep, happens to me, too. Cast Improved Invisibility, and keep to the LEFT af the passage as you go in, so the red drow won't see you, and everything goes hunkey-dory. Or just do like I did and kill 'em all. Once Matron Mother is dead, the city is unsealed and you can just walk out of there (Cast Mass Invisibility and Haste) and go directly to Adalon, and give her the real eggs, and you're golden.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-19-2001, 08:14 AM   #4
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

the quest can still be completed without turning the city hostile and without installing the baldurdash patch. you just have to kill the two guards directly in front of the door to the room with the eggs. just walk right up to them and have a swing at them, they always die from the first hit (at least in all of my games). interestingly, the other guards nearby do not notice anything suspicius [img]smile.gif[/img] and the city doesn't turn hostile.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:24 AM   #5
Ares

I did the same thing as Frudi_X
Old 11-19-2001, 11:06 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I casted Mislead at the Temple's exit, walked near those two guards, casted a Skull Trap in between them and killed them both, walked into the room, switched the eggs and walked merrily out of the temple.