Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
bonscott87

I met up with him at the city gates when I came back from Trademeet. This quest was to free Umar Hills from the bad guys (the Temple Quest and Shadow Dragon). I also met up with some kid (probably a different one) in the government district who directed me to talk with one of the Coweled Wizards. He wanted me to go to Umar Hills and get Valygar (sp?) for the Planer Sphere. I also have Minsc in the party, but there are 2 separate quests in Umar Hills that are assigned to you.

It may be that you need to complete a couple quests first and get your rep up as a party that can kick some arss and then the kid will find you. The quest also wouldn't be in character for an evil party so he may not talk to evil parties or those will low reps? I suggest doing Trademeet and the Keep first if you haven't already, then stop by the City gates on your way back into the city.

Good luck!

Old 01-13-2001, 12:44 AM   #2
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know if Minsk is absolutely required for this quest - I am playing a mutliplayer session solo with a party of my own characters - no NPCs allowed into my party.. that would be real stupid if I couldnt do Umar Hills because I dont have Minsk.

Someone please let me know what's up with that.

thanks,
Eddith
Old 01-13-2001, 09:46 AM   #3
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could someone please tell me how to get the Umar Hills quest assigned to my party so that it becomes a selectable location on my world map please.

Also, is it a major quest in the game or just a minor sub-quest? I read in the PC Gamer walkthrough that this quest was assigned by some kid at the City Gates.. I havent found this kid at the City Gates. Could you please be specific as to the location of the person who assigns the quest to me.

thanks very much,
Eddith
Old 01-13-2001, 09:51 AM   #4
Armisael

There's a kid around the middle of the government district who'll give you the quest. You'll know him; he's the one proclaiming to have a job for you (if you're interested).

Old 01-13-2001, 09:52 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
Well the Umar Hills quest comes after you have done a quest or two and it comes to you after awhile, don´t know what triggers it though..
i got mine in the Harbour area, but always a little boy adresses Minsc and he says that you have to go there and jaheira wats you to go too.. Don´t know if you have to have one of thoose in your party though. If you have the Umar Hills on your map but its grey, not selectable, just journey from the gate area into the wilderness and it will show up, I had some problems with this so I had to make a pitstop at another place first..
Old 01-13-2001, 10:23 AM   #6
mack attack

If you have Minsc in your party you beable to get the quest in the docks and I fyou do not have minsc in your party you can get the quest in the goverment district(I think that is where you will get it) I had Minsc in my party and that is where I found the little boy. I think his name is Dalon)

Old 01-13-2001, 10:36 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thats right, I got the quest my first time around at the slums when I played a Ranger myself!
Hmm seems to be alot of variables on this quest..
Old 01-13-2001, 10:52 AM   #8
Z'hdhunn

You need Minsc, if you return to the City with him and have not picked up the quest you will meet Dalon at the gate, otherwise you will meet Dalon with Minsc at the Government area.

Old 01-13-2001, 11:21 AM   #9
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One of you guys says that the kid is in the Government District, the other guy says he's in the Docks District, and PC Gamer says he's in the City Gates District. Does anyone know for sure where that little s.o.b. is for sure? Is he some kind of a nomad or something?? If anyone knows for sure where the kid is please tell me. I might just behead the little bugger for being so elusive after I complete the quest.

Eddith
Old 01-13-2001, 01:08 PM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Talking to the Coweled Wizard in the Government building is a sure fire way to head off to the hills. You are supposed to look for Valgyar, but when you arrive, the mayor hires you to complete the other quests. This is how I did it with my own characters (no PC's or rangers present).