Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 11:46 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

MEMNOCH

Those of you who have read Anne Rice will be familiar (hopefully) with the character of Memnoch the Devil! Not Satan, or Lucifer, or Azazel, or Sammael, or Marduk, or Mephistopheles, Memnoch was actually a major angel of God, along with Michael and Raphael, but he fell.

Really cool book if anyone has time out of their BG2 playing to read.
Old 12-04-2000, 06:09 PM   #12
Maestro
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, Memnoch, i have read the series, it is well worth anyone's time. I had two names in BG, one was a conjurer named Trent (after the Transformer King in Piers Anthony's A Spell for Chameleon) and a paladin named Maestro, used because of its meaning ( a master in any art;especially a great composer, conductor, or teacher of music) and it's use in the Conqueror's series by Timothy Zahn
Old 12-04-2000, 08:23 PM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I took my favorite evil mages name straight from my P&P D&D character, which I borrowed from the AD&D name for a race of elves: Alanthis Sylvanesti..
Old 12-04-2000, 08:26 PM   #14
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Omega Dawn is one of my original AD&D characters ( a Bard) in the p&p game, who is currently a 2nd lvl theif in bg1. Other fabulous names Ive conjured up are Amber Fairoak, a druid and Leif Mojo ,yet another druid. Currently in BG2 im playing a crazy gnome illusionist named Knimbly Mackerus. I amuse myself by coming up with original names that seem to fit the character. There is no deep seated meaning in any of my names except that they all originate from my over-active imagination.
Old 12-04-2000, 08:43 PM   #15
Vlade

VLADE-Vladimir the Blade
Seriously, it was a good choice for a fighter(though not good alignment).
Here's a few Kara-Tur names - (from the 3 Kingdoms Period) Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi, (from the novels of the popular Chinese author Jin Yong) Yang Guo, Zhang Wuji, Linghu Chong

Old 12-04-2000, 08:44 PM   #16
gunner

hi all

There also a lot of good names in the wheel of time series like Rand, Lan, and heaps more can't remember them all, has been a while. Baralis (evil), Jack (good) sorcerer and Tawl for a paladin/fighter from J V Jones.
I use gunner as it is a old login from way back and it comes from the australian slang for "going to". The reason, there is heaps of things i'm "gunner (or gunna)" going to do, just never seem to get to them as i play BG2 in all of my spare time.

PS what was the name of the crazy dwarven fighter in the salvodor books. the one that would lower his head and charge?
PPS I choose the little shooting guy in my signature not because i'm gun mad, i just think he looks good.

Old 12-04-2000, 10:19 PM   #17
Armisael

That guy kinda looks like Vault-ManTM from the Fallout series.
Memnoch, I knew your name sounded familiar.

Old 12-04-2000, 10:34 PM   #18
Conan

Bet you cant guess were i got the inspiration for my character from? Actually the Conan saga's have alot of good names. Thoth-Amon the evil mage, Zarono a swashbuckler, or Belit Conans woman in part of the stories.

Old 12-04-2000, 11:26 PM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Some of the Final Fantasy names are pretty good, if a bit techo...Cid Highwind, Cloud Strife...
Old 12-04-2000, 11:32 PM   #20
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I like the name Azean