Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 11:24 PM   #11
Lora

Korgan is by far the best fighter! i am lost with out him...cause it looks like once he says goodbye, it's over. Don't let your reputation get above 19 if you want to keep him

Old 12-01-2000, 06:59 AM   #12
Suul-Yinn

I have a good party so I use Keldorn and Valygar. Valygar is superb, as he can dual wield the celestial fury, the best 1h sword in the game as it frequently stuns victims, and his own katana which causes bleeding. I have now trained him with hammer skills so that he can use the fury and crom faeyr. He is now a one man army, frequently killing entire groups on his own. I don't miss Grand Mastery, as I find that his backstab more than makes up for it

Old 12-01-2000, 09:49 AM   #13
Merc Widowmaker

Definatly get Valygar ! Celestial Fury and somthing for his strength (17 is to low) makes this guy a powerhouse.

Merc grins sardonicly, "He may be a goodie two shoes, but he's not afraid to spill blood. I think I'll keep him around for a while. At least he doesn't talk to much like smelly dwarf. That guy was the pits. A drunken lout ! Unprofessional bum I had to give him the axe ! In the head ha ha hahaha he heh ha !"

Old 12-01-2000, 10:03 AM   #14
Armisael

Valygar's far too meek for my liking. Everything that comes out of Korgan's mouth is pure gold, except on Friday evenings, when it's usually more of a yellow-orange, or depending on the inn, green.

Old 12-02-2000, 06:04 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Korgan schmorgan, Keldorn is cool but way to depressed oldtimer..
The game has alot of good wizards, rangers, clerics and such, but no cool fighters. Evil dwarves peew..
My suggestion is this: ONE you can be a fighter and specialixe in some cooll wepaon with that fighting style. All the others are supported in NPC that joins you. TWO get yourself a cool Drizzt inspired Ranger, join up with Minsc, coolest dude in the game! Buttkicking for goodness! And Valhygar(impossible to spell that name) The power of three Rangers shooting arrows supported with cool magics and Jaheira as block stopper in fullplate+1 or dragonscale armour detains the enemy at pleasant range, get Minsc into beserk mode hehe, now this is getting fun! Keldorn could be useful but i feel that clerics, druids, and Paladins are way to useless in doing it the fighterway, to give a good bashing you will have to make yourself a good fighter, either a multiclass or why not a cleric who you imediately dual class to a fighter? There are actually some cool maces and morningstars..
Old 12-02-2000, 06:34 AM   #16
Armisael

Korgan is a superb fighter - easily the best in the game - and I'd go as far as to say he's a better fighter than any NPC in the original BG. He's a berserker, which means he tanks well, hits hard and can use enrage. He uses axes. Axes are, in my opinion, the second best type of weapon in the game. Go to the temple sewers and take that hatcheteer's returning throwing axe, give it to Korgan, and he'll be doing 15-20 damage with every ranged hit. I've never seen him miss, and he attacks so many times per round I lose count. Everyone I've ever met who has heaped shit on Korgan has, surprise surprise, never actually used him. Of course it's ultimately your choice: three rangers or one Korgan.