Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-05-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
natant_nomad
Welcomed New User

Excellent site you have here. I was just wondering if anybody knew the trick to the stone faces in the shrine of Anephas. There is a little space in the wall that is darkened as if it's able to be opened but the stone faces don't respond to anything I do. Any suggestions?
natant_nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

What kind of stone faces do you mean?

(1) There are two statues of Temple Guardians, which block "secret corridors" leading further in the Shrine. You can move these statues. BTW, there is another statue in the Shrine that can be moved.
(2) There is also something like a passage behind a trapdoor in a wall, which is too low for you to pass. You cannot pass regularly. The passage leads into a small room, which contains nothing except another copy or Anephas corpse. Perhaps, it was planned during development of the game that the passage would have some meaning but the meaning was not implemented in the distribution version. You can vanish through the low passage. Do not forget to set a portal outside the passage before vanishing so that you can return safely.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I have tried almost everything on the stone heads, and I do not believe they do anything. I think it was originally planned that they had a purpose. It is possible, though, to teleport into the monkey chute. Just take the left corridor past the room, which the small chute leads to, face the lever and cast vanish.

As Radek states, a copy of Anephas lies there in perfect correspondance with the theories of the light tubes in the pyramids of Egypt, that upon a certain stellar constellation, and on a certain time of day, a beam of light would resurrect the dead pharaoh. The designers of this game then chose to make the "beam of light" trick in another spot. That is my theory, at least [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-05-2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 08-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, natant_nomad!!!

There are a few things you can find in the game that hint at what the designers originally planned and then didn't have the time to implement. My rule of thumb is to do what you did - try everything I can think of and then try to find the answer on the board.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
natant_nomad
Welcomed New User

Thanks everyone, they were nagging me quite a bit, then a noticed they were similar faces to those in colassium and began thinking all sorts of elaborate possibilities. I'll just forget about them instead
natant_nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the board, natant_nomad! May your journey in the Gael Serran be exciting and enriching...

You've got the good answers already. I'm just sad I missed a good new welcome thread
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote