Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-31-2000, 03:54 PM   #1
Paupa

1. if you are 7th lvl in stone, and switch to warlock, can you still gain 4th lvl stone spells, or just third lvl? I know it halves your old skill, but does it round up or round down.

2. can you buy spells for say 7th lvl stone, even though you are no longer a wizard? Or can you just buy spells at half your old skill? related to first question.

3. I have read, on here, that you should go to like 14th skill lvl in a spell class, before switching roles, so that you can still gain the spells of the old. But it seems to me, that you can gain those spells quicker, by switching to a class with the same type spell skill, and get those spells, rather than going so slowly up to 14th skill. Am i wrong or missing something here? Do you need the 14th skill if you already have all of the spells? or at least the ones you really want?

thx
Old 12-31-2000, 04:59 PM   #2
carg
The Magister

1) One exception to the magic halving skill: warlock may use all schools as proficient, even though he only gives (new) access to moon and fiend. So if you're 7th level in stone a warlock can still learn up to 7th level spells. For any other role it would be rounded down, so up to 3rd level.

2) No. and No, you can't read spellbooks you find if you're not proficient in that magic. (But again the warlock may read all books if he's high enough skill level for the spell.) The spells available at the guild are not that abundant anyway; I can't remember ever seeing a 7th level spell there. But then again: spellbooks are that expensive that I don't check too often.

3) Very hard to achieve 14th level (without cheating anyway) and quite unnecessary: just learn the spells you want from the spell class before leaving it, or plan your promotions that way that you later gain access to that magic again. You don't even need to get all spells up to third level: you can always learn those later.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote