Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-07-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
Ironbar
Manshoon

I need help!

The story goes...
I am currently playing bg2 (&tob) on a pc(A) that is about to be taken apart and the best bits are being harvested for my pc (B) (i cannot play bg2 on for technocal reasons) so that i can play bg2 (and do other things!) on my pc. The problems are:

1- I need to keep my save game and install it on my (new) pc. However, i am highly likely to be using winxp home not win 9current). Will this create a problem?

2- My current game includes the following mods - Official bioware tob patch, expanded thief stronghold mod & dungeon be gone. I will not be able to download them on my pc for a while so i was thinking about doing the following: Download files again, unzip them (do not have zip on pc B), write to cd and then install on pc B. Is this implementable or should i zip directly to cd?

Any help is most welcome! The change-over begins on good friday (this friday).
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

1) This is doable, just copy the contents of the save folder. If memory serves, each save will fit on a floppy easily enough. Problems may arise if you have a different mod state on the new system, and will definately arise if you have a different patch.

2). If pc(B) has winXP home on it, it will be able to handle .zip files by default. While your copying your saves and mods over, you may as well stick winRAR on it which will handle any archive format you ever heard of and more besides.

Anyway, I recommend unzipping the files directly into the BG2 folder, since otherwise you have to put files in teh right place manualy, and thats one more thing to screw up.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Only thing to be sure of is that you reinstall your mods in the same order on PCB as they were on PCA. Or, if that sounds difficult even with 2 mods, include a copy of dialogue.tlk to copy onto PCB after you install the game and the patch, but before you install the mods. This will make sure that the text you see ingame actually makes some amount of sense. That is a good thing.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 05:26 AM   #4
Ironbar
Manshoon

Thanks. I will save the game to floppy and then look into to downloading issue.
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote