Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2001, 12:25 AM   #21
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The main reason youre in a dungeon Nalia, is to save the world, and me from destroying your 'less fortunate' idiotic bitch!!!!!! Ahem!!!

You will find Edwin or learn about him through Renal Bloodscalp, the Shadow Thieves quest... It has something to do with Mae'Var's guildhall...it'll come...
Old 01-03-2001, 12:26 AM   #22
G.W.

Nalia is one of only three pure mages (ones who can get past level 6 spells) in the game, and the only one immediately accessible. I picked her up on my latest go with plans to ditch her for Imoen and got attached to her and use both Nalia and Edwin. It's the most logical choice if you have someone with great thieving skills as the PC, especially if you can take Viconia (no need then for Aerie). I put Aerie as the number two cleric in the game though, above Amoen who is in a midlife crisis as to whether to be a fighter or a cleric. Nalia doesn't have much personality, sadly.

Nalia's actually not that dumb.... Nalia's "How are we helping the less fortunate" saying is what she says when she is Neutral about the party (like Jaheria's "Nature could find a home here if it were properly cleansed and balanced"). When you are a nasty fellow and she gets unhappy she says "We.. we're supposed to be better than this." No idea what she says if she is happy because Geedubya is just too evil to get his rep up to 13.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:35 AM   #23
draconia

My character is a theif so I have absolutely no use for Nalia. Her personality stinks and I had my fill of her before I finished her quest. I wanted to turn on her and kill her with my bare hands before her quest was over. I will go get Edwin and maybe I will go get Viconia. So far, I have read lots of good things about her. Plus my character is male even tho I am female.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:38 AM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Aeries versatility is a definite bonus. All those cleric spells AND magic spells. She can open up a can of whoop-ass alright.
Old 01-03-2001, 12:49 AM   #25
Armisael

I really have to agree, almost everything Nalia said was irritating to me. The only time I didn't regret having her in my party was the moment after I got Korgan. The dwarf took the piss right out of her. Then I gave her the boot.
As for Aerie, I just don't like her. She complains too much and she just doesn't get enough levels to be useful as a mage; the time I took her along, she was only beginning to get her sixth circle memorizations somewhere in chapter five, and I'd already been through just about every sidequest. She also leaves the party if you take Korgan along, and I always take Korgan along. : )

Old 01-03-2001, 02:58 AM   #26
G.W.

I actually find that Nalia is better than Imoen and is the number two mage in the game. She is a fairly strong, has the most HP of the mages and more than Viconia or Aerie, an 18 dexterity which makes her a good archer, and a nice -4 AC with the 3 AC bracers. She is thus the only mage I will trust with Tensar's Transformation. One advantage she has over Edwin is she can use the amulet of power (which makes Tensar's Transformation have worth considering because of the energy drain immunity). I haven't tried it, but because she can easily get 100% fire resistance, she would be good at crowd control by entering a room and blasting fireballs on herself. She doesn't actually say anything after her quests so she's fine with me. Besides, noblesse oblige is a trait I look for in a woman, though she is a brag about it.

Old 01-03-2001, 04:11 AM   #27
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Oh Please... Its not about her quest comments, its about her rampant smart-ass remarks when you go down below the pipe! Even her battle cry sucks!!! "FOR THE NEEDY!!!!"EAT THIS
Old 01-03-2001, 04:22 AM   #28
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there, hmm, well thoose guys can be bothersome, though I find it best to sneak up with my assasin fighter and check em out, have Aerie use a deathcloud spell on them and then cast aid on the party wait awhile and the fighters will come to you, don´t attack them but wait and let them advance to you while you fight em with arrows and slings once in mellee just bash em. Then wait awhile and sneak up again and check the clerics and the wizard, if alive cast a insect summoning from a distance and target the mage with arrows and bash in on the clerics. Well this use to get em espacially if you can backstab the mage and boogy out of there.
Try to soften them up with area spells that is cast from a distance that doesn´t let them see you.
Old 01-03-2001, 04:42 AM   #29
Armisael

Heh heh. Sure it's easy to get 100% fire resistance, you just cast protection from fire, but it's smarter to cast the fireballs when you're outside the room. She probably is the second best mage in the game, but I'd say Edwin's far better. Three bonus spells in every circle; that's five eighth circle spells at level seventeen.
I can't stand Nalia's nobility, or any nobility for that matter. It's a constant reminder of all the snobs I've had to put up with throughout my life. : P

Old 01-03-2001, 05:28 AM   #30
G.W.

True, it's easier to just cast from behind your fighters but it's annoying to have to reign them in and they'll still get hit (or you miss both your fighters and the enemy). If you could get Edwin's fire resistance up to 100, you could probably do quite a lot sending them both into a room of baddies. Sunfire, sunfire, fireball, fireball, rinse and repeat. The sunfire spell's no use without it.