Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 07:56 PM   #21
ironfist

Ladyzekka, to recharge a wand you have to sell the wand(+1 left at least, otherwise
the wand is broken) to a store and then buy it back with full charges, but it gonna
cost you a plenty, usually like 14000 gold pieces I guess.

Old 12-06-2000, 07:59 PM   #22
Steele

The most powerful low level spell is Haste. It is a must-have.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:25 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ironfist, much thanks! Money isn't a problem at this point in my game, plus if I get short I can always visit the Fence in the Temple District Sewers and do the ol' steal, sell back, steal, etc.. I plan on using the Cloud Kill wand to at least reduce Firkraag's hit points. I'm gonna get him yet thanks to you. Cheers!!
Old 12-07-2000, 07:33 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes, I agree, Steele, Haste is a must have! Especially when you run into those annoying clay golems who can haste at will (Planar Sphere)! Is there any spell that will take away the fatigue that follows? Dispel magic doesn't seem to work. I know that improved haste doesn't fatigue characters, but it only works for one person.
Old 12-07-2000, 07:47 PM   #25
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't believe there is anything in BGII that removes fatigue. I remember there was some sort of item in the Icewind Dale game that removed fatigue, but I know of no such item in BGII. Because of the fatigue factor, you must be judicious in your use of haste.
Old 12-07-2000, 09:08 PM   #26
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Here are the spells before level 6 that I think are all you really need:

Attack: Magic Missle(1) - Fireball(3) - Lightning Bolt(3) - Cloudkill(5)
Control: Web(2) - Hold Person/Undead(3) - Confusion(4) - Domination(5) - Hold Monster(5) - Lower Resistance(5)
Miscellaneous: Identify(1) - Protect from Evil(1) - Knock(2)
Dispel: Detect Illusion(3) - Dispel Magic(3) - Remove Magic(3) - Breach(5)
Bless: Friends(1) - Haste(3) - Invisibility 10' Radius(3) - Minor Spell Deflection(3) - Protect N Weapons(5) - Spell Immunity(5)

(I don't yet know enough about all the spells beyond level five to have an accurate opinion. As you can tell I don't like to summon.)
Old 12-08-2000, 12:29 AM   #27
Magness
Quintesson

ArmageddonX, I must strongly disagree.

Yes, I think that Mage summon spells are weak, but driud/cleric elemental summoning spells can be truly AWESOME!!!

My last party had Jaheira and Viconia in it. Just before engaging the black dragon, I had them summon 1 Earth elemental, 2 fire elementals, and 2 arial servants. Those 5 summoned monsters nearly took down the black dragon without any help from the rest of my party. I whupped 2 liches (in 2 separate battles) with 2 Fire and 2 Aerials. I kicked the butts so bad that each lich never even got its defenses up or cast the time stop!!! Priest-summoned elementals are far more than mere cannon fodder. They can be death machines if used properly!!! (i.e. don't bother with fire elementals against Fiirkraag, it'll only tickle him. )

Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 12-08-2000, 01:36 AM   #28
Armisael

I could be wrong, but I think emotion works only on humanoid aggressors. Then again, I swear I got it to work on an Otyugh once.
Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting is a level eight spell, and the best AoE spell in the game. You can take down an entire group of daemons with this spell alone, and the best thing is it only affects hostiles. The bad part is that it takes a long time to cast.

Old 12-08-2000, 01:46 AM   #29
Kaël

I'm a necro so my images is affected

magic missle
fire arrrow
melfs fire throw thingies
vapirec touch
death spell
peirce magic
and eh a lot more

BTW not disintergrate it make you victem lose there stuff

Old 12-08-2000, 03:15 AM   #30
_max_RUSSKIE

Have you all forgotten Animate dead??

At lvl 15 with mage it summons up a bloody Skeletal Warrior!

Hack 'n slash your way to fortune, wohoo!