Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-03-2001, 05:42 AM   #1
Moiraine
Anubis

The idea came to me when I was watching the posts in the 'Real stats' thread,
and I thought 'Hey ! I am not a number !'.

The alignment is a very interesting approximation of somebody's personnality. And I am curious of who you are all !
So please feel free to say the truth or lie about yourselves at length !
Old 01-03-2001, 05:46 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Moiraine, I actually started a thread on this a while back but it kind of got canned because of the crash i think, or maybe it freefell down all the way to page 29! Anyway good for you to revive it in a way.

Neutral good with chaotic tendencies.
Old 01-03-2001, 05:50 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Oh, I forgot : I think I am a Chaotic Good person.

I am lawful to people I love, but I am not a fanatic of ideas and laws.
I hate people knowing better than me what I should do (The chaotic side).

I enjoy playing characters at the exact opposite of my real personnality (this is much more of a challenge), but I do not really know if it is harder to play an Evil character or a true neutral one, as a True Neutral character has to be cool-blooded all the time, which I am not.

I find it taxing to play lawful characters because it is very uncomfortable to want to slap yourself in the face most of the time !
Old 01-03-2001, 06:18 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Neutral Good. I've respected and protected my conscience over the years and find doing something REALLY EVIL in an RPG quite difficult. I get into the game and put myself in the victims shoes and then feel guilty about pickpocketing them or something. (I was pickpocketed last month and it was ANNOYING!)

I usually play Neutral Good but played my third game through as a Chaotic Evil Talosian Cleric. Man it was hard, but pretty funny. He was a sick individual. Still, as I've stated before, a truly good character couldn't even finish the game. ('Necessity' of taking human life.)

Guess I'm a wierdo huh?
Old 01-03-2001, 06:30 AM   #5
Armisael

Two months ago I thought I was chaotic neutral. That alignment test we all took a while back told me I was chaotic evil. Take your pick. : P

Old 01-03-2001, 08:17 AM   #6
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hey all im chaotic good (but the alignment quiz tells me im lawful good) a goody two shoes necromancer. anyway the alignment quiz is a test to test your real alignemnt... i remember this thread very well... i dunno who did the page but i think it was armisel ... with your permission armisel, i give the address to all of you folks to test it out.

and voila here it is
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/align.html

have fun ya all... thanks for the permission armisel... (although you didnt say yes) hehe... love ya.
Old 01-03-2001, 08:18 AM   #7
Armisael

(blinks)
Er... yeah! No problem, happy to be of service...

Old 01-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey, I did the alignment test! (A big effort for me as some of you may have read my tirade against personality tests that got lost in the ether) and guess what I am.....
Lawful Evil!

no, just kidding, I scored 20 Good, 4 Chaos, according to the program I am thus:
NEUTRAL GOOD, just as I said I was. (Or maybe it's because I want to be and so answered accordingly. Hmmmnnn)
Old 01-03-2001, 09:54 AM   #9
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

one test sayd Chaotic good
the other said neutral good
what ever it is
I'm GOOD
Old 01-03-2001, 10:01 AM   #10
Moiraine
Anubis

I passed the test and I ended up Neutral Good (with a slight Chaos tendancy).
I guess it is because I do not really think that all forms of law should disappear. Otherwise, nice people would inevitably get eaten by bad guys.

Sniff ! I thought I knew myself ...