Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #31
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: W&W - First time player

Right. Elyssia is dead. One of those choices for drinking that nectar was... interesting...
Anyway, killed Xydusa too, much to the pleasure of the local Priest Guild. So I went on my way to visit Shurugeon Ruins and was having a lovely talk with somebody called Torin when... the salads arrived. Not one, but SIX at the same time. Dead within seconds, needless to say.

Hmmmm... I think Ill have to do something about them. If only this game included oversized flamethrowers...
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #32
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! They *WILL* hunt you down... and there *is* a flamethrower... level seven sun, firestorm. Wonderful thing, that... just don't be caught in the blast radius!

My first exposure to the salads ranks up as one of the best "Oh, !#$%!#$%!!!" gaming moments in my life. The sudden arrival of a *SERIOUSLY* deadly opponent... and then, since it took them a while to get to you, you might not have a savegame with them deactivated.

IOW, try. And try again. They're still coming for you. Evil little green munchy thingies.

Buff up like Radek suggested. And I'll tell you that you *can* dodge their breath attack... 'course, if six are throwing at you at once, that's a heck of a lot of dodging...

There's a spot on the walls of shurugeon castle where you can hide, battle, and keep them at a distance. I really like the flame drop spell, personally... cooked salad is much better in my book
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #33
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like you are making great and exciting progress!!!

If you haven't been - keep multiple save games and save often!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
Radek
Red Dragon

There are always 4 salads in the area - once they scent you, they will follow you until you kill them. If I understand well, you were "lucky" and get another two "random encounter" salads as well. If you run away then you lose the two but not the four not-so-random ones. The salads will follow you and they can even reach the town gates and wait there until you leave the town ...
What to do with the salads? As Bungleau has said, cast Firestorm (level 7 Fire spell) on them. If you are enough good in Sorcery, you can get them down with a single blast or, at least, greatly simplify your melee combat. Other "storm" spells are also usable but they are worse (against salads) than Firestorm. Note that the "storm" spells are "area at range" spells so that you cannot (should not) cast them if the target is too close to you. Note also that each level 7 spell is 100 spell points.
If you won't get disappointed by the game then note that
the game allows you to "inherit" your property from one game to another. You start a new game (Reset Adventures) - and you find your old party sitting in the Valeia inn, along with its inventories. The old party lose certain quest items (if you had them in the moment when you started the new game) but not all of them. Therefore, you can create a new party and equip it immediately by some good equipment (owned by your old party). For example, mighty protection amulets, (level 7 spell) scrolls, well enchanted and effective weapons and so on. This will make you a batman in the beginning of the game but it will fix later Because you will be well equipped, the salads stop being a big problem. They will be dangerous but not fatal.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #35
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I think I'll finish the other quests first, if possible, like the one with Harespia (glad I didn't kill her) and the amulet thingy. But it sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely try it.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #36
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Aaah, I finally have a ninja. I didn't realise they could learn spells too! Great added bonus.

My party got a serious workout running from the salads on the way back. Things would be so much easier if you could see them with Spirit Eye! Grrrrr....

Feels good to have completed the entire Valeia-Ishad N'Ha area, though. Now I just need to get to level 7 sun...

Thanks for the tip about resetting the adventure, Radek. I tried that and saved it as a new game. It is really going to help.
Well, back to the Gael Serran for me!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #37
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Question.
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should make a Monk. Are they worth it?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:21 AM   #38
Eagle eye
Elminster

Monks are able to learn Kung Fu, which can be a very strong at higher levels, though maybe not as powerful as high level weapon skill. They can learn spirit spells, but I think they can only learn vine spells up to a certain level (not sure why, could anyone enlighten me?).

Don't change roles on your spellcasters until you get all the spells you want. Don't change the role of your priest until you get vine magic, and your warlock, until you get stone magic.

Remember to get your ninja's moon magic higher because it can be very useful with spells like Teleport and Call of Home. I believe it also has something similar to fire storm, which can be quite devastating.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #39
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Thanks for the info. Monk is ok, luckily learned vine magic first so it's pretty high anyway. The ninja is super ubercool, especially with the shurikens. And the Katana. I like the warlock magic, but with four it is difficult to train all of them up, so some of them are low and quite impossibly pathetic, however that will pass.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 AM   #40
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Is there a particular reason for the infestation of Ratling ninjas? They are rather annoying. Also, is Erzebette the sister of Kerielle, or do they just look alike? Finding Erathsmedor a bit irritating too, especially when his fire distracts me from the salads I'm running from.

Anyway, having fun.