Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2000, 08:41 AM   #1
-SiNCuBuS-

I just finished the game through as a berserker (for the first time) and i want to start again, i just want to know other people's opinions on which is the best class you can go?

i've heard half-orc barbarians are good, and kensai dualed to mages, etc etc etc.

which is the best?!

Old 11-17-2000, 08:53 AM   #2
Armisael

You could try a monk. Very interesting class to play through as, though probably not the best. Popular opinion states that a kensai dualled to a mage is the best possible class, but I didn't find it very entertaining to play. Might just be me, though.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:00 AM   #3
-SiNCuBuS-

Most people just say, well it depends on your style of play blah blah blah...but i like most (if not every) style of play

would a half-orc barbarian be better to play then a berserker? cause u get the armor with the berserker but i've heard the barbarians other stuff is pretty good

Old 11-17-2000, 09:03 AM   #4
Armisael

Sure, it's all up to you. Generally speaking, Barbarians get more hit points, and Berserkers hit harder. Take your pick.

Old 11-17-2000, 02:28 PM   #5
Rikard

Try duallin a level 7 ranger to a cleric you'll get ALL the priest spell druidic or cleric spell
and if you're good theres no good cleric anyway

Old 11-17-2000, 03:15 PM   #6
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

True fighters with grandmastery and a style specialization stackup higher than any of the fighter kits in my opinion. Also the Inquisitor palidin's abilities to cast dispel magic at x2 level with a speed of 1, cast true sight, and weld the holy blade makes this my favorite fighter subclass. Who needs the standard paladin abilities if their's a Preist around?
Speaking of priests, Any comments on the avenger druid? besided the obvious level limits hat plague druids in general.I figure since Con need not be over 16 anyway and strengthis less important for a spellcster that the limitations for them are rather weak compared to the bonuses.
Old 11-20-2000, 11:24 AM   #7
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Avenger all the way! As a Druid (Avenger) you can shapechange into 6 shapes.