Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #11
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
EDIT: as an aside, ive just bought SoU and HotU and im looking at the pale master and wondering... should i add some paleness into my wizard? Just a few questions about the palemaster:
  • is it there just to boost your melee powers?
  • Does it continue to get spells? how fast? how many per level?
  • If you are a level 9 wizard (can cast level 5 spells) if you become a 9wiz/2palemaster will you get access to level 6 spells?
Thanks guys.
I am just recently looking into the palemaster class as well.

• The class gives more than just melee bonuses (improved AC and hitpoints). You gain spell slots and level (albeit slowly), undead summons (in case you need a meat shield), a paralysation/death touch, and immunity to critical hits/sneak attacks at 10th level.
  • Spell advancement is hard to describe but here goes:
    You gain (palemaster level + 1)/2 spell levels and slots added to your highest arcane spellcaster ability. Thus you would gain spells and slots at palemaster levels 1,3,5,7…
  • You have a 9th level wizard and you start taking palemaster levels.

At the first palemaster level you would gain 9 + (PM+1) / 2 = 9 + (1+1)/2 = 9 + 1 = 10 Therefore you get tenth level wizard spells and slots (ie. 2 fifth level spells…)

At the second palemaster level you would gain 9 + (PM+1) / 2 = 9 + (2+1)/2 = 9 + 1.5 (rounded down) = 10 Therefore you still get only tenth level wizard spells and slots (ie. Still only 2 fifth level spells…)

At the third palemaster level you would gain 9 + (PM+1) / 2 = 9 + (3+1)/2 = 9 + 2 = 11 Thus you get eleventh level wizard spells and slots (ie. 1 sixth level spell, 2 fifth level…)
I hope this explains things for you [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

[ 09-29-2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: javan ]