Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Smiley

Well that was a great piece of stupidity. I return after killing the beholder eye tyrant and bring the energy orb only to be told I am now a general and must lead the defense of the gates. I tried to play the role honorably, turning down the Valsharess's nightime visit and try to setup a decent defense (only to have a Balor show up in my rear). I was then wisked away to another location where I am betrayed and killed.

I tried again this time accepting the Valsharess's offer and just having fun with the trouble makers that attacked the gates (I even sent away the Diva and the two shield Golems). So what happens, I am wisked away to the same place and then the system crashes. Now I don't know if this is the right path to follow to get my hands on the Valsharess or if I am to fight at the gates and some how win.

No other post in the archives seems to apply to this problem other then warning not to come back after you have done two victories against the Valsharess's forces or the final battle starts. That is if this is the final battle.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Doesn't matter which way you go, you will always end up being sent to Cania. This is part of the main plotline. Decline V's offer, accept and doublecross her, or even follow through (rather evil there), makes no difference.

And yeah, doing any four of the five quests and then walking around town will signal the start of the siege. If you want to do them all, set a recall point inside the temple, and come back that way after doing the last one. Then step outside.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Seemed to have realised that. Decided to stay with the rebels after betraying the Valsharess. Won all three battles and then was wisked away to the valsharess temple. Then got wisked inside the temple to witness the Arch Devil wacking all the red sisters. Now I am facing the valsharess and I can't seem to bring down her magical defenses. And if I can't my shield golem is useless. I have the orb from the obelisk but it doesn't make a magic dead zone.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote