Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #11
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I would guess that that character would prove to be a tough nut to crack...
25/4/10 for a barbarian fighter weap master is a classic one if I may say so...you can't really go wrong in advancing that character...power attack, cleave, maybe Greaet Cleave, mobility and spring attack...maybe not whirlwind, since i heard it is not amazing...

Just remember to protect your melee carnage machine with some spell resistance...

However, a little off topic, do you want your fighter/barbarian to be wearing heavy armour or have a higher dexterity and wearing light armour?

I heard somewhere that having a higher dexterity actually beats wearing heavy armour...

[ 03-20-2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: shadowolf03 ]
Old 03-21-2005, 04:02 AM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

High dexterity gives you bonusses to dexterity-based skills, archery, armor class and reflex saves. It allows you to take certain feats like ambidexterity, deflect arrows and dodge, the latter leading to mobility, spring attack, (improved) whirlwind attack and epic dodge.
Dexterity is also required for some epic feats like the epic dodge and improved whirlwind, but also blinding speed and improved stunning fist.
Wearing lighter armor means you don't carry as much weight, and have a smaller chance of spell failure. You also don't need heavy armor feats to use it.

It also means you're not spending the points elsewhere.

Looking purely at AC, the best kinds of armor (depending on your dexterity modifier) grant a +9 AC bonus. These are Fullplate (+8 ac, 1 extra for dex) and hide armor (+1 ac, 8 extra for dex). To go beyond fullplate, your only choice is to wear plain clothing. Then you'll also need a dex modifier greater than +9, so that's a dexterity of 30 or better, giving you just a +10 ac bonus over a much, much cheaper +9.
And then you're really not spending your attribute points and feats on anything else. Unless the character is Dexterity based to start with, I'd not recommend it.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowolf03:
I would guess that that character would prove to be a tough nut to crack...
25/4/10 for a barbarian fighter weap master is a classic one if I may say so...you can't really go wrong in advancing that character...power attack, cleave, maybe Greaet Cleave, mobility and spring attack...maybe not whirlwind, since i heard it is not amazing...

Just remember to protect your melee carnage machine with some spell resistance...

However, a little off topic, do you want your fighter/barbarian to be wearing heavy armour or have a higher dexterity and wearing light armour?

I heard somewhere that having a higher dexterity actually beats wearing heavy armour...
While not amazing, it is quite good against weaker opponents, and it is required, if your going to be a weapon master.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote