Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

A good friend of mine recommended "Essence of Lobelia" which you can get from a health-food store for not too much (mine cost $5.95). I suffer from severe sinusitis and allergies, and this stuff actually does work. It works on the mucous membranes of the nasal/sinus cavity and trachea as well, thus relieving coughing as well as congestion.

Hope this helps!

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Thanks, Spiritwarrior! Its a bit late tonight to go out, so I'll head to the stores Monday and grab those two products.

Hell, I'll do everything and anything all at once if I have to. This is the worst week of my life...having that CONSTANT, PERSISITING headache. I will definately let you know.

BTW, my wife last week actually did get me some Sudafed PE, choosing to get the lesser kind and it had "drying" effects because I got all dry-mouthed by taking it.

I have some Benedryl children's in here right now...I think I'll go take a double dose of that before bed!
Aye, I found the PE to be not very effective myself. It basically felt like I was taking nothing. No relief from it at all personally. Also, it makes you drowsy and sleeping doesn't help much with sinus drainage. Now, when I asked at the desk for the old Sudafed with the pseudoephedrine in it I was shocked at the difference.

In extreme cases, like mine, your headache can become a sense of heaviness in the head, the eyes begin to hurt and you can even get dizzy spells as the blockage begins to irritate the balance centers around your ears. I had it for months at one point, imagine that. Many people wrongly assume sinus means only the nose, even though it covers the whole facial area and then some.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #13
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

The eyes beginning to hurt is when the sinus cavities swell so much that they put pressure on the eyeballs, this can also happen during barometric headaches, and it is a severe bitch. Nothing like waking up in the morning feeling like someone's repeatedly punched punched you in the eyeballs while you slept.

Also, as a warning on the Lobelia thing, it seems like the flower is generally used for, well, making it pour out of all your cavities. Seems like it overcharges your perspiration, your bladder, makes you throw up, makes you nauseous and makes you spit. Aside from that, it should also have a relaxing effect, both mood-wise and muscle-wise.

It also has a chemical similarity to nicotine, so if you're trying to kick a cig-habit or have had one in the past, you may want to keeps a heads up there.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #14
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Larry, if you are still sick at this degree, you have a case of inflamed sinusitis, and rhinitis. GO TO THE BEACH, dunk your head in the ocean a few times and it will literally, flow out. Insure you inhale through your nose to wash out your sinus cavities, and clear your throat. Just don't overdue it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On the way back home, get this. It has NEVER failed me in over 30 years. Wal-Mart carries it for $6.95, 20 pills, will last ten days. You should only need one pack if you have no allergy history. However, if you have "hay-fever", these symptoms may return through the spring.
http://www.drugs.com/drixoral.html

I boarded a plane on 14 October 1981, and put Florida behind me. The only thing that calls me back other than a well aged mother, is the healing/curing/soothing effects of the ocean.

With everything in full bloom up here, one would think I'm in worse shape than you, however, I'm only taking my "Drixoral", and fresh fruit.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Have you tried steaming Larry?

If youre still suffering it may be worth a shot. I get pretty bad sinus issues from time to time and find that some menthol/eucalytpus oil in boiling water and holding your face over it covering your head with a towel for a few minutes can work wonders for clearing you out.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Today is the worst it has been all week!

Thank you all for the ideas. I am probably going to overdo it and try everything that everybody has suggested...but I'll try to refrain and go a few days on each idea until I hit one that works on me. I hear that these things differ with each person on results, so I'll gladly try all of these ideas.

Man! The pain is so bad today, my teeth are hurting!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #17
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Dude, maybe you really should just go to the doctor?

i mean, you are gonna struggle to find a job if you are feeling that bad!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Dude, maybe you really should just go to the doctor?

i mean, you are gonna struggle to find a job if you are feeling that bad!
I just don't want to go if all he's going to tell me is something that I might try this week anyway.

After I have run out of ideas...and hopefully before I die of infection or a gunshot wound to the head...I'll go to the doc.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I was sick of trying to get over this and nothing working, so I went to the clinic today and was told that the pain that has now started in my left cheek has to be infectious, and time to get on antibiotics.

Eek!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #20
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

I was about to suggest you see a dentist when I read the "my teeth are hurting"-bit, a really root-deep tooth infection can give you some severe pains all through your skull.

Best of luck with getting over the stuff, Larry.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote