Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2001, 01:52 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

**bows before he speaks**

I've read the thread in American at War by Ladyzekke. It just got me question there, what is "peace"?

I've known a life that has struggle against misfortunes, prematured choices, evil deeds. Though miserable conditions, she is not miserable. and a fighter she is, a revolt spirit. In the nights we were together, I'd hear her telling me many times "Leo, something in my life is missing"

I don't understand here, WHAT is missing? how can one lost part of oneself? surely one cannot have peace if something is seriously messed up. can it be the peace itself is missing? so how can one aquire peace? what is this thing called peace anyway?

I looked and looked, hoping to see something I had no idea of. and the more I looked, the more confused I became. where can one find a clue about oneself?

So many times I've tried to convince me that I should not burden myself with others' problems. but isn't that the way we show care? Life goes on, with me or without me, but if I am there, I will strive to make a difference. so the question remains: how?

I don't know, I am so confused. I don't even know what I want to say now as I am sitting here staring at the screen. pieces of memories resurfaced in my head from time to time, and they are, just films, with no emotions attached. those moments, cries, laughters, stories, secrets, happiness, sadness, wonderment, hurts, grieves, smiles, tears, all things together. I am like this lost child trapped in a huge maze built by two confused souls, souls who don't know what life really means, don't know what to expect or what to do when next thing comes.

what? what is missing? WHAT IS MISSING?
Old 10-21-2001, 04:40 AM   #2
Vampire

Peace, Truth, Fact, Harmony, and Prosperity

These are a summation of happy, safe and content feelings of the majority and those with power (through politics, fame or money).

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 05:01 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Peace, Truth, Fact, Harmony, and Prosperity

These are a summation of happy, safe and content feelings of the majority and those with power (through politics, fame or money).

dude... not helpful, but thanks...

to a person who is truely hurt, where can she turn for help? she doesnt even know what is missing in her, how can I help? questions, questions...
Old 10-21-2001, 05:38 AM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This probably doesn't help, but still... Some people are content with what they have, they do not wish for many things. The goals they set themselves in lives are easily reached, they are happy. Others are never content with their lives. They wish for impossible things, their goals cannot be reached. These people are never really happy, never content and generally lead miserable lives. (these are people like perfectionists, over-achievers, too much ambition, etc.) Peace is something that comes easily to some and not at all to others. I suppose that if you or the person you are talking about are of the second kind of people, I can only say - calm down, take it easy, you do NOT have to be able to do everything, other people can be better than you, etc. Unfortunately I can't take this advice myself, ah well...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-21-2001, 06:03 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
This probably doesn't help, but still... Some people are content with what they have, they do not wish for many things. The goals they set themselves in lives are easily reached, they are happy. Others are never content with their lives. They wish for impossible things, their goals cannot be reached. These people are never really happy, never content and generally lead miserable lives. (these are people like perfectionists, over-achievers, too much ambition, etc.) Peace is something that comes easily to some and not at all to others. I suppose that if you or the person you are talking about are of the second kind of people, I can only say - calm down, take it easy, you do NOT have to be able to do everything, other people can be better than you, etc. Unfortunately I can't take this advice myself, ah well...

no, but thanks
she is hurt by things, not by herself
Old 10-21-2001, 11:08 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

need help, please read
Old 10-21-2001, 05:21 PM   #7
Legolas the Elven Archer

I don't remember which pessimist said this, but according to him/her, peace is the period of time that lies between two wars.
That'd make internal peace the time between conflicts of the mind.

If you ask me, however, I'd say that peace, like so many other things, is some abstract thing that only humans can come up with. It's a gut feeling for many people. Describe a situation and people can judge if there's peace or not, but they cannot tell you how they judge it. And that's the problem here too. You cannot tell what is missing until you accidentally stumble across it.

But you can be sure it's not the peace itself that misses, because there is peace when everything is as you want it to be.

If she is not miserable, and can accept her life, then what's missing is something subconsious. It could be that she's never had a father, or that she wants to do more good for others. I don't know her so I cannot judge what such a thing could be. For you, it could be grief at your inability to help her, but I think it's great you try. Keep trying, give her your support. I think it is only a matter of time before the morning will come when she wakes up and says: 'Leo, I've found it'.
Don't give up, buddy.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-21-2001, 06:58 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

'Something missing' can cover a lot of things! I'm sure you have asked if she knows what it is, and she doesn't know herself.
So, several possibilities of the many:

She doesn't feel loved or able to give love
She has no goals
She feels she has not achieved anything
She has no self-esteem
She has nothing to believe in (religious or other)
If she has had a tough life she may feel tired and drained of emotion.

Not very helpful, I'm afraid, because I don't know her, but maybe you could use them as conversation starting points to help her find out what the problem is.
(((HUGS)))

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-22-2001, 02:28 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Fljotsdale, Legolas thank you guys a lot. that said a lot. you both have my best regard. I am gonna look into things mroe closely, thank you!