Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 09:29 AM   #1
gabriel986
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I try to be as controversial as I can. I know many of you think Viconia is the best NPC in the game. Maybe some of you can explain me why.

You might say: she has great stats.
I say: Dex is not essential to clerics as they can wear heavy metal. Even Anomen can reach an acceptable AC with his abysmal Dex. High Wis gives you low level bonus spells - useful in the early stages, but you won't really need so many level 1 spells by the end of the game. Int, Cha are irrelevant to a cleric.

You might say: give her Crom Faeyr, and she will wreak havoc.
I say: it is a waste to give such a powerful weapon to a single class cleric who can swing it once per round. (oh, sure, twice with improved haste) Give it to Anomen or Korgan (or Mazzy! She's awesome with Crom and Gesen Bow!)

You might say: she has high magic res
I say: you got me there. But she's not a tank (too fragile), so she could live without it as well.

Plus you'll have to watch your reputation as she's evil.

Why could she be No.1? Any idea?
Old 12-11-2001, 09:33 AM   #2
Anarion

If your evil, she is ideal.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:34 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you are playing an evil party in the game, and want to stick with NPCs then Viconia is a no-brainer.

If you are playing a good party, the choice is tougher.

By the way, did you know that having Viconia in your party opens up some new dialogue options in the Drow City in the underdark???? That ALONE might make her choice interesting.

And of course, Viconia is the BEST looking female NPC in the game ...

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #4
Worm
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
If you are playing an evil party in the game, and want to stick with NPCs then Viconia is a no-brainer.

If you are playing a good party, the choice is tougher.

By the way, did you know that having Viconia in your party opens up some new dialogue options in the Drow City in the underdark???? That ALONE might make her choice interesting.

And of course, Viconia is the BEST looking female NPC in the game ...

Well, she may only be number two in looks [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I liked Aerie, maybe because she was the only chick who would lay my gnome.

Still she isn't number one if your evil because Sarevok is tough and Edwin is a better caster than her in a pinch. Personally the best NPC to me has to be Keldorn once you get him high his special abilities are great not to mention he makes a great tank ... and monks can wear his armor.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:45 AM   #5
gabriel986
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yea, I always play good or neutral parties.

I will take her to see the Underdark extras, though.

My favorite NPC is Valygar, dual wielding Celestial Fury and his family blade. Mazzy was another delightful experience. SHE is the best-looking female, by the way.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #6
Russ
Manshoon

I never use her, I don't really like her, and I think that she is definitely a well-written character, who, in a different mindset, I wouldn't hesitate to bring on board. In terms of effort to characterize, I like her better than Anomen, even if she is bitter, solipsistic, and vitriolic...

all the ladies in this game are pretty much cute as buttons...
Old 12-11-2001, 09:55 AM   #7
Kaleban
Manshoon

As a single-class cleric, she learns spells faster, has several "evil" versions that can be very damaging, and is much more of a babe than Anomen...

You can use Vicky as a tank, but where she really shines is in situations with Undead. Not only does she gain spells faster (and spell slots) she has the highest wisdom of an NPC cleric for additional spells. Plus, she can add to your ally pool by controlling Undead, but I'm not sure if this counts against your summoned creature total. Its always nice to see a squad of undead attacking itself, and you can then pick them off one at a time.

I say, give her the Mace of Disruption, and you have an Undead-Dynamo. Blasting and controlling all at once. I gave her the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, the Mace of Disruption, and the Red Dragon Scale Armor, she had an AC of -9. Not too shabby.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Worm ....

Aerie's whining drives me up a wall. Did your gnome have to gag her? [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:59 AM   #9
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Worm:

Well, she may only be number two in looks [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I liked Aerie, maybe because she was the only chick who would lay my gnome.

Still she isn't number one if your evil because Sarevok is tough and Edwin is a better caster than her in a pinch. Personally the best NPC to me has to be Keldorn once you get him high his special abilities are great not to mention he makes a great tank ... and monks can wear his armor.

IHOPE YOU DIDN'T JUST TOTALLY SPOIL TOB FROM ME YOU SCUMBAG!!
Old 12-11-2001, 10:01 AM   #10
gabriel986
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anomen can do just about the same to undead. With sanctuary + turn undead you don't need any armor at all. Plus he's better in melee. Only problem, he has terrible manners.

As I see, it all comes down to your private feelings about Viconia. If you like her, you take her. If you don't (like me), you don't. Full stop.