Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
Htryer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Basically how do i hurt/kill a demi-Lich or even a lich for that matter. See i went to take the golden arms and legs and the golden torso to Kangaxx or whatever his name is and then when he attacks me i cant hurt him that much. My strategy for getting the golden pieces was whip out the daystar and use the sunray ability. However Kangaxx has more hps then this so i figured out that i can hit him with my weapons for a second or two before he gets his spells on so i hit him once or twice and then used the daystar. This caused him to transform into the demi-lich which of coursekilled me becaus ei cant hurt it with my weapons and i used my daystar charge on the normal lich. I was going to run out rest and come back with the daystar recharged and i would have to do that a few times if the sunray ability can even hurt a demi-lich i dont know. Just help please. I need the most simple way to dispatch the lich and then demi-lich, like i said i can kill the lich but its hard and then i cant even hurt the demi-lich. By simple i mean most basic way you know, like without having all the tiems in the game or the top level spells, like some trick to doing it or jsut what i need ot hurt him cause my +3 wepaoins arent doing anything. Thanks to all who reply.
Htryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 08:36 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

there are many strategies for defeating him
spoiler

some of which include using a prot from undead scroll, or the spell wizard eye. try doing a search using gaxx or kanggaxx as your search word and some more strategies will turn up
Old 12-07-2001, 08:37 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

spoiler

ohh yeah and to hurt the demilich you need at least a +4 weapon
Old 12-08-2001, 12:57 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

A spell that is usefull agains the demi-lich is Melfs minute meteors. It's only a third (or is it forth) level spell so you should have it. If not, some merchants might have it. The meteors are considered +5. You can also use spell imunity abjuration for protection and this is only a level 5 spell. In some of my games, Aerie, you heard me, beats him on her own with this combo.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:11 AM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

STRATEGY FOR ANY CLASS!!!! (should i save this?)

Purchase: One (1) Protection from Magic Scroll (PfM)
One (1) Protection from Undead Scroll (PfU)

Acquire: One (1) +4 or better weapon (ex. Staff of Rynn from Adventurer's Mart, Cutthroat +4, Carsomyr +5, Staff of the Magi +5, etc...)

Strategy: Enter the tomb, put each scroll into your quick-item slots. Approach the "catwalk" leading to the casket. Click on casket, go through dialogue, then re-click to awaken Kangaxx (if you're quick, a Thief or Bard can pick his pocket before he turns hostile and get a 2nd ring of Gaxx, do this by pausing just after the "raising" animation is over, this works with ToB installed).

Once he's up, and goes through his threats, cast the PfM scroll on HIM! This will cause all spells, even innates, to fail. Proceed to whallop the stuffing out of him. When he turns into the Demi-Lich, use the PfU scroll on yourself, and continue whalloping. If you are soloing, make sure to block the "catwalk" so that when his morale breaks he doesn't zip by you. If you are partying, before he transforms, lure him over to the far left corner, keeping the rest of your party at the entrance, this will keep your party out of his line of sight once he turns into the demi-lich and you read the PfU scroll.

Conclusion: This strategy has worked 100% for me, never once being killed, and with quick reflexes, you can have 2 rings for the price of just 2 scrolls (and weapon...).

Weapons that affect Kangaxx are any that are +4 and above, and also these:

Flame Tongue +1 (its +4 vs. Undead)
Warhammer +1, +4 Vs. Giantkin (your guess is as good as mine)
Mace of Disruption +1 or +2 (will drop most Undead in no time flat)

Feel free to add to this, but it works every time...
Old 12-08-2001, 07:35 AM   #6
Mordenheim
Elminster

Very nice Kal...

I have seen only two pfm scrolls that you can buy and those were with the add-on seller. Any place else you can buy a couple?
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mordenheim:
Very nice Kal...
I have seen only two pfm scrolls that you can buy and those were with the add-on seller. Any place else you can buy a couple?

The bonus merchants do not sell Protection from Magic scrolls. Ribald in the Adventurer's Mart does, and he is the only the seller of such scrolls in the whole SoA-ToB game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 10:01 AM   #8
Mordenheim
Elminster

bummer... used them up lol
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 02:27 PM   #9
Htryer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

isnt the daystar long swod considered +4 vs evil creatures and shouldnt it thereofr be able to hurt him caus ei couldnt get it to work before.
Htryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 02:37 PM   #10
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
isnt the daystar long swod considered +4 vs evil creatures and shouldnt it thereofr be able to hurt him caus ei couldnt get it to work before.

Nope. It only has to hit and damage bonuses against evil creatures, the sword strikes as a +2 weapon.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote