Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
Haladar
Dungeon Master

I've played a cavalier all the way through from BG1, and at the start of BG1 i made sure he had godlike stats, but now, near the end of ToB, he's just too powerful. Nothing even hurts me anymore. I have 85 Magic Resist, so with mages i just stand there and wait for their protections to wear off, with undead, even the shadow master near the beginning of ToB I just turn undead and the all gib. I'm not even high level, because i have been playing with a party. I took on demogorgon 1 one 1 and kicked his a**. Irenicus at the end of BG2 was no challenge. Dragons are easy, because of magic resistance and fear immunity. the only spell that ever hurts me anymore is magic missile, where i generally take 5 damage. It seems to me that Carsomyr is far too powerful, as it means nothing can stand up to me.
Anyone have other views on the subject?
Old 02-05-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Nifft the Nimble

What difficulty are you playing on? Your Cavalier isn't immune to physical damage, so if the game's too easy, consider setting it to Insane.

Then Dragons will hurt again, indeed.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Haladar
Dungeon Master

you only really come up against tough physical monsters like fire giants in ToB, and by then you have hardness which gives 40% physical resist. I will try on insane mind you, i was playing on hardcore.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
Aurum
Manshoon

Solo my Cavalier, carmosyr and armor dragon, is the hardest of defeat.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Not a chance mate, It gets better in ToB! An there is another weapon that is +5, but isnt quite as good. But they are in ToB.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:26 PM   #6
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

When TOB was about to be released the developers decided that the BhaalSpawn and Demogorgon were to hard so they toned them down to make them easier.

David Gaider from Bioware has released some mods that return these enemies to there Full and extremely hard difficulty.

I used to think like you did I had an unbelievabley hard Cavilier and no equal, but not now

If you want a challenge then download these Mods from
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2...es/index.shtml
and try to finish it by going solo with your character on insane difficulty.

(There is now a multiple Dragon fight. And Illasera is actually a tough opponent).

Happy gaming and good luck
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:43 AM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i say to hell with corsamyr go with CROM FAEYR!!!!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote