Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 6, 2008

Previous Cafe is here
Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 6, 2008

Hey everyone! I've been away from the Cafe for a week or so and thought I'd start us up a fresh one- fresh coffee, scones and iced tea are wating at the counter for you!

I've had a rather eventful week- I don't think I've mentioned that I've got asthma but it made itself pretty obvious last Sunday evening. I ended up in the emergency room after my husband called 911 and the medics couldn't get my breathing to be normal even after a tank of oxygen...very scary! I'm ok now, Thank God, but had to be off from work to rest all week. Seems a cold and allergies hit me with bronchitis that triggered the asthma.

I'm thinking harder on Animal's dying advice to all of us now... not taking life for granted .
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What?!?!? A brand new cafe? Just 'cause the last one was from April...

School's out for my goblins today! Drinks on the house... and *DOUBLE* for me, since they're home for the summer!

*edit* Just read your post, Cloudy... Wowzah! I've had one asthma attack (years ago), and it was no fun I'm glad you're feeling better... although going through a whole tank of O2? That's impressive, lady... but not in a good way, unfortunately Soothing relaxing drinks for you... and I think of Animal's words as well. Hopefully, they're not going to become important in the near future, but one day, they will be.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.

Last edited by Bungleau; 06-06-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day to all in the cafe

Strewth Cloudbringer! Hope you are getting better - Asthma is one of them things that is not only awful to have but damn near a nightmare for the loved ones around watching helplessly while you try to breathe, so cookies for Nacht too! My son suffers from it and has been hospitalised a few times over the years.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years

Last edited by wellard; 06-06-2008 at 05:26 PM.
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*gets out the 'top shelf' stuff fto share around* Bungleau, Whoo... summer must be here then! Of course it's been 86 degrees F with thundershowers today and our forcast for the next few days is temps in the high 90's with more of same.....so I might have guessed it was summer even if the kiddos were still in the schoolhouse!

Wellard, I remembered that your son was pretty sick a while back. Yes, as my doctor told me and my husband earlier this week "people die from asthma' so you need to take it seriously. Poor Jim was so rattled he took off like a madman and our friend (who was the one who knew how to get to the hospital the ambulance took me to) had to tell him to slow down several times so they wouldn't get into an accident. He was shaken up enough that when he was checking me in at the desk and they asked for our doctor's name he gave them his practitioner's name, not mine!

But, I am feeling a little better now although, I'm still on a whole pharmacy worth of meds! blech... Hubby's been great.. he's called every day to see how I'm doing and took some heat from his supervisor for missing the middle part of the day to take me to the doctor's.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Anyone seen that can of whoopass we handed to the "worldchampions" last night?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

That was a pretty nice can Johnny.

Hope you're already feeling better Cloudy!
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I saw it johnny. I was either rooting for you guys or Croatia. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't put a couple of quid on you now...the odds will have dropped after giving out such a spanking

The Italian defence looked fragile at best...I wasn't expected that.

Meh...at least they qualified *grumble*
Old 06-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Hello all, how is everyone doing?

This is some crazy weather we're having isnt it? Storms in Michigan almost every night for a week, and on Sunday, we even had a few tornadoes within a couple hours of my town.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Hello all,

Its been a while, sorry to hear you've been ill cloudy - the asthma hits me pretty bad whenever I have to dust the flat, tho that may just be a side affect of cleaning

Been trying to make a life as a pro-poker player - 'the hard way to make an easy living'

Any wild news for anyone in the past 6 months or so?
Madman-Rogovich is offline   Reply With Quote