Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-18-2002, 11:17 PM   #41
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Moni, it's a big shame that you can't seem to get good care due to insurance issues. But you know how it is, everything revolves around money, and if you can't dish it out you probably won't get too far in life. I do hope you get your BP down though, that isn't healthy... anyways, hang in there, and I'll be praying for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 AM   #42
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Dear Moni, I am so very sorry to read that you have had to experience this. I have had two of those myself in past years. I also understand the problems relating to insurance as my line of work does not provide any benefits other than workmans comp. Like you I just take it as it comes and keep plugging away. If it happens, it happens, I'm not going to worry about it.
I am very happy to know that you are recovering and that you were able to get some treatment. Please take care, you are in my thoughts. .
Old 04-19-2002, 03:12 AM   #43
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Sad to hear that money is a barrier Moni It shouldn't be that way..... But stay cheerful [img]smile.gif[/img] Health is in the mind as well as a physical thing [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 03:14 AM   #44
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
KHaN just brought something to my attention that I thought you might find interesting!
For about a week prior to my heart attack I kept surrering from a recurring migraine and my cat Boo was strangely and extremely clingy and whiney...in constant need of my attention it seemed, he just couldn't stand it when I went to school or wasn't in his sight here at home.
Since yesterday evening, he has been his usual calm, cool and collected self. I wonder if he knew something was wrong?
I'll have to pay closer attention to how I'm feeling the next time he acts that way around me...well, let's hope he doesn't lol!
Well it HAS happened before that pets have warned their owners of impending strokes or such things, they can sense it somehow. Keep an eye on the kitty [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 03:22 AM   #45
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
KHaN just brought something to my attention that I thought you might find interesting!
For about a week prior to my heart attack I kept surrering from a recurring migraine and my cat Boo was strangely and extremely clingy and whiney...in constant need of my attention it seemed, he just couldn't stand it when I went to school or wasn't in his sight here at home.
Since yesterday evening, he has been his usual calm, cool and collected self. I wonder if he knew something was wrong?
I'll have to pay closer attention to how I'm feeling the next time he acts that way around me...well, let's hope he doesn't lol!
Well it HAS happened before that pets have warned their owners of impending strokes or such things, they can sense it somehow. Keep an eye on the kitty [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]This isn't farfetched at all. Some people with epilepsy depend on their dogs to warn them of impending seizures, and without them they would be in a lot of trouble not being able to get help or medication.

Moni, I'm so glad you're okay. Look after yourself hon; you're very much loved here, and Hercules and Sugar and all your other babies need you! *big hugs*
Old 04-19-2002, 07:29 AM   #46
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Moni, it's just doing tha wink and he'll let you in

Anyways, maybe that could be a factor.. you not running...

Well I agree with what Hark said... I mean you got a chance to tell this... but actually I don't think it is never too late... I mean it is still okay if you say I love you in the afterlife and all that, same here, but then my question is what is the use... well that's why people say it when living... I doubt though any more will com your way very soon since you are monitored and all that... but then God knows what.. I just hope not now...

Hmm.. maybe instead of flirting you can just kick the crap out of Him... and then you will undergo the process called Reviving LOL back to normal, spirits landed on earth again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 06:10 PM   #47
Moni

Cloudy,
I won't deny for a second that it was painful but honestly the scariest thing...is that now it hurts to laugh...trying to refrain from laughing or cracking jokes...its SO hard! KHaN and I both are amazed at just how much time we spent laughing every day and having to watch ourselves is very tough!
I do have health insurance as of this afternoon and will be seeing a (good) local Dr in two weeks for a check-up. I think all will turn out well. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ryanamur,
Thanks again. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think I'll be OK here soon now that I have some medical insurance again...it is just not having any that makes getting any help so next to impossible.

School is going absolutely great! If I can just make it through the next two weeks, I expect to have an even higher GPA than last semester (provided I get at least a "C" in Elementary Algebra or an IP...the instructor in that class is so horrible I had to get out of her class completely...I won't even try to go into it, let's just say that if she has a teaching job next semester it is because she is filling a quota for handicapped employees...I had the head of the Math Dept.'s jaw on her desk telling her the horror stories we students have had to endure when I had to go to her for the transfer). I am making mid-to-high "A"'s in everything else.

The.Relic,
*HUGS*
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]
I am glad there is someone out there who understands! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I hope neither one of us ever have to experience it again!

Neb & Cody,
Its true, money makes the world go 'round and it is most unfortunate that in this capitalist society, the bigger the need, the higher the price. Health in the mind....hmmmm.....yes indeed, I do feel good!

Aelia Jusa,
Thank You. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hercules and Sugar say "Woof!" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bahamut,
I don't know what to say to you! Telling me first to flirt with God and now to kick the crap out of Him!
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
You better be careful He don't come looking for YOU! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 04-19-2002, 06:46 PM   #48
skywalker
Banned User

Hi Moni!

You already know how I feel about this, sweetheart. My wife Debra sends you her deepest sympathy and hopes you stay well, too.

Mark
Old 04-19-2002, 06:49 PM   #49
Moni

Thank you again Mark!
Big Hugs to both you and Debra!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 07:00 PM   #50
MagiK

Our political and philosophical differences aside, I still think of you as part of my IW family. Do take care of yourself and don't hesitate to go to a hospital if you are suffering chest pains.

My best wishes to you and my prayers as well.

Ray