Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2002, 10:06 AM   #71
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think we all need a break from time to time. I certainly hope Neb does decide to come back and participate, as he is well-loved here. Heavens knows, I myself feel like a break from time to time as well. Cloudy can tell you that, after some of the things that have happened here in the past few days, I was ready to take a sabbatical from IW for about a month. Being a moderator, that's something I will forego indefinitely. (And I'm fine now, don't anyone start jumping to conclusions...all I'm trying to do is show how easy it is to become tired and frustrated.)

Relax, and hopefully everything will straighten itself out.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 04-03-2002, 10:15 AM   #72
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I should also like to add that I hope everyone sees that this preoccupation with ranks and post counts only leads to heartache. I dreaded that when it went into effect over a year ago. I had a grim prognosis about what it would do to the posting community to have such ranks, even those, I know, are "in vogue" on almost any online community. My prediction was a bit more dire than what has occurred, but still we sporadically get spats over post counts, people spamming for "rank", and queries on *how much longer must I be a (insert rank here)?* type posts.

I ask once again, as Cloudy has done, to concentrate more on your post contents rather than the total number of them. Emphasize quality of posts, not quantity. [img]smile.gif[/img] The ranks, and the number of posts, are meaningless in the long run.

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 04-03-2002, 04:11 PM   #73
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

He is?? Well that's a relief!!!
When he told me of the reasons he was leaving, I thought he was pretty resolute, but it's great tp see things got cleared up.