Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-21-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
DarkMagius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I have been tearing my hair out all morning trying to figure out this stuff
for the Lum the Mad level.
1.Where is the crystal mallet?
2.How do you unlock the one locked door in the mindflayer section? I have one half of a key but can't find the other half which I assume you need.
3.Do we kill the dragon or not? I did but all I got was a wand. Is he needed for something?
4. What is the pattern for lighting the torches? I have blue and purple ink. Is that enough or do I need a red or something?
ANY help you guys could give me would be really beneficial......
DarkMagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 02:04 PM   #2
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Yea I'm where you are at right now, I'm doing the dungeon level with Lums' machine in it.
There are 3 colored oils ive found so far, red, blue, purple. Don't know if there are more.
The Mindflayer room you can't open needs a key. The key is in 2 parts, seems you have one, the other part is in the mindflayer lair somewhere. Once found, they will merge together.
I haven't found the sequence to open the torch door yet, still working on that, and I haven't found the crystal mallet yet either. Still looking.
The dragon I talked to a while, then fought. I hope he wasn't needed for something, he didn't seem to care about the level, so i killed him. A little tougher than the other dragons in BG2, some nicer monster AI there. And faster spell casting on his part. And I actually almost had one guy die! Imagine that, that bastard dragon. LOL
sunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 12:57 PM   #3
Grinch
The Magister

Regarding the torches the color of the oil matches the triangles set in the floor of the area,look on both sides of the arena. I didn't kill the dragon but had a good conversation with him.Youll find the crystal mallet once you get the torches figured out. The other half of the rod you need is there in the illithid lair keep looking..

------------------
Grinch
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:18 PM   #4
Blade Soulreaver
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am on that level and I can't find the dragon you guys are talking about, where is he?
Blade Soulreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:29 PM   #5
masteraleph
Elminster

He's through the Gith area. Go to the bottomost room, there are 2 exits...the southwest one leads to a rather annoying fellow, but you probably know how to beat him 'cause you probably took on the same type of enemy in BG2...the southeast leads to a rather talkative dragon, who just seems to be there randomly as one of the creatures the trapped mage brought in.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 11:33 PM   #6
Blade Soulreaver
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah i found him, i killed the demi-lich using dragons breath, on hit kill
Blade Soulreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 11:36 PM   #7
Pennance
The Magister

The Demi-Lich was hard until I thought of a cool strategy. To combat his incessent Imprisonment spells I had Imoen use the Staff of the Magi to cast Spell Trap. Then I sent her into the room. Immediately following that Enter the Hero who whips up Slayer Style. After her distraction, Imoen promptly leaves before her Spell Trap wears out. And then there is one dead (again) demi lich.
Pennance is offline   Reply With Quote