Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After many false starts I finally finished my first run through SOA. That party of six is now TOB bound. I planned on starting a new three person game in SOA as well, with a PC elven fighter/mage, Jaheira, and Yoshimo->Imoen, then decided I'm going to go with just the fighter/mage and Jaheira. Should be a good challenge. My question is: What fighting style and weapons should I use with Jaheira. Since there will only be the two of us, she needs to be able to kick some serious @$$ in battle. I'm not sure sword and shield is all that necessary since she has ironskins. Am I better off with dual wield or two handed weapons. And then depending on which style, which specific weapons do you think are best? By way of background, I have TOB, I do not have any mods, and the difficulty slider is right in the middle, whatever that's called (so no I'm not playing on insane). You don't have to worry about spoiling me on weapons. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I personally would use dual wield just because I don't like most two handed weapons that Jaheira can wield. All the quarterstaffs in the game, except maybe one, are pretty crappy and aside from her using a ranged weapon, there wouldn't be much point getting two handed weapon style.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:19 AM   #3
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

double post

[ 11-24-2005, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
krunchyfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:25 AM   #4
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

In a two person party, I agree with sir g. Dual weilding is the way to go.

Stick Belm in the offhand!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
double post
That's what you got the "Delete Post" function for, krunchy

On topic, though: I'd say choose whatever you want. Jaheira is great with Sword and Shield style (try giving a good Buckler (Saving Grace) and give her a decent weapon and she can kick some serious ass), or you could choose to Dual Wield and try some nifty combinations. Two scimitars, for instance (Belm + Rashad's Talon or Water's Edge), or two clubs (Blackblood + Gnasher). Whatever you fancy, you might even come across a good combination you haven't thought of before!
One last option to try (but which has been done before many times) is to let Jaheira wield staves. You have Throne of Bhaal, so it's not surprise to you that some decent proficiency points in Quarterstaff combined with Jaheira wielding the Staff of the Ram could yield some nice results.

Good luck!

EDIT: Rashad's Talon & Water's Edge was Celestial Fury, just so you guys know. I changed it, so sue me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-24-2005, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Link ]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Jut for the record, since Jaheria is a fighter/druid, she can use large shields also, not just bucklers.

But I would tend to agree with Sir Goulum on this matter, Jaheria should dual Weild.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

I wasn't too sure about that, haven't played BG2 in ages. Thanks for the correction [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam_H:
While we're nit-picking Celestial Fury isn't a Scimitar, it's a Katana.
You can push it, grasshopper
Old 11-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #9
Cam_H
Zhentarim Guard

OK ... Saving Grace is a Medium Shield, not a Buckler!
Cam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Which one is the good buckler then?

Goal: Beijing 2008