Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It seems as if you do have to download the entire module in order to play. My building partner put his base module up, and the people that tried to connect to it said they needed the module to play. Second hand info here, but the best I have so far. Kinda kills it for me, online play was the only reason I wanted it to begin with.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Wow. I can't believe what they did to this game, lol.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I wish you saw my earlier post a few weeks ago:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=7;t=003685

Yeh, and get THIS--even if the builder changes one thing--moves a placeable a bit, they have to compile it, then re-upload the mod wherever they have it for download, and EVERYONE has to re-download it each time a modification--even a simple one-- is done. Freaking moronic developers.

So if EFU was in NWN2, you would have to re-download the mod sometimes up to 5 times a day.

As I Said in my post I linked to--this is what will kill Multiplayer REAL quick, and builders of PW's will be disheartened by this, and give up.

I say go back to NWN1. It's got more features, is stable and is more mod-able.

[ 11-05-2006, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It was kinda my point, for those looking to play MP, like me. They have effectively killed it for online MP, unless everybody wants to play the OC all the time.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:16 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think that NWN2 was really targetting the BG2 group as opposed to the NWN1 group - in other words, the guys who want an epic storyline, but don't intend to play the game online much or indulge in custom adventures. I think Atari, in cancelling the premium module series, decided to stick with the business model they were familiar with (one big game, the patches to fix it up and that's it), rather than having their own human resources tied up on ongoing patch updates and new premium modules, and support for PWs and the like.

NWN2 feels very much more like BG2/IWD than it does NWN1, down to the party "view" and graphics. Look at its toolset - I find it very unintuitive. And making cutscenes are useless unless you can find some decent voiceactors.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If that really is the case, Memnoch, and I am referring to your post here as well as another thread you posted in with similar information, maybe I will get NWN2 in a couple months to play it exclusively for the single-player game and keep NWN1 as my main online game. I can deal with the lack of improvements from 1 to 2 as long as the story is a good one. It sounds like it is, from what I am reading.

Why a couple of months? School days will be over, the price will have dropped a couple more dollars, and most major bugs will have been worked through, giving me an optimum playing experience with no hiccups. The only hard part is avoiding all the spoilers while doing my job as a Mod.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am thinking about getting it for the single player game as well. As reviews so far seem to say it is good I but I am going to wait and see. I may wait for the price to drop has multiplayer does not seem like it will be worth it.

[ 11-06-2006, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well, the single player game is good, I'm having fun with the story, but you like it dsepite the engine's weaknesses, you actually have to force yourself to play at first. There are so many parts of the engine that make you wonder just what they were thinking, and I keep running into things like that, but the story is good so far.

Do you know what I'd really like? A mod that put the Neverwinter 2 module back into Neverwinter 1. I actually hate Neverwinter Night 2, but I like it's single player module.