Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Haven't tryed this but I was wondering if you have a Rogue armed with a Thieves Dagger (cursed unremoveable only useable by Rogue) and changed him to a Gadgeteer will he still have the Thieves Dagger in the weapon slot?

I like the weapon its 5-14 poison 20%(Str2) Kill 5% and a bonus to locks and traps.. don't remeber what. Only draw back is you can't change to a sling or bow with it.

What i wanted to do is make a gadgeteer.. change to Rogue next level when i found a thieves dagger then put it in 2nd weapon slot then change back to a gadgeteer when i level up the next time. Giving my gadgeteer a great dagger for up close and the ommi gun for distance. would this work?
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

afaik, Thieve's Dagger is thief/rogue only. and the gadgie loses the ability to weild it once she's back to being a gadgie.

gadgies, however, can weild the very nice Poison Dagger. i have mine equipped with one as we speak.

and, someone confirm or disconfirm (is that a word?), but i had heard that once you left a class you can't go back to it. ever. that it was *BOOM* closed off.

V***V
Old 01-17-2002, 06:44 PM   #3
chimera99
The Magister

My guess is that it won't. The game makers seem to have thought out things pretty well. However, you can try it out really easly using an editor. Save your game into some temp file, edit the char to add enough exp to add a couple of levels, then load that hacked game file. Add go thief, add the dagger. Then do the next lvl up (they will stack) and go to gadget. Let us know what you find out.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #4
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

My Val. switched to a Sam.and wasn't working out very well so I later switched her back again and shes kicken ass as a Val, again.So it seems not to be a problem..John
Old 01-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

good! thanks for letting me know. i had read on a couple of web sites that you couldn't switch back, so i just never put myself into a position to test it out.

i already muck up my girls enough without adding that to the list.

V***V
Old 01-18-2002, 09:08 AM   #6
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Remember that a cursed weapon prevents you from switching to alternate weapons. So even if you can have your gadgeteer equipped with a Thieve's Dagger, you will not be able to switch to the Omnigun.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
Nydlari
Manshoon

In Wiz 7, a number of the cursed weapons were cursed as an advantage so that you could equip them as one class, then change class and, as long as you didn't uncurse them, you would still be able to use them. I always had a samuri using a theives dagger in 7, but didn't want to change profession in 8 so never tried it.

I'd have a couple question about using it on a gadgeteer:
1) Does this trick work in 8?
2) If you have the primary as an omnigun and the thieves dagger in the ammo slot, what happens? Does it fire the dagger and permantly get rid of it, or since it's cursed, could this be a source of infinite ammo?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 05:22 PM   #8
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

If you switch classes, all items your current class cannot use are removed, cursed or not.

You cannot put a non-ammo item in the secondary slot when the omnigun is equipped.

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote