Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-11-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
Father Francis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read something about a month ago on that said Miles left a party and stole alot of the items (potions, arrows etc.) I have just revisited the monestary after going through Arnika and wonder if I should dump him now to avoid this and keep the exp points for myself. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:24 PM   #2
chimera99
The Magister

I'm a bard lover so I never saw a need for Miles. It is useful to have a pickpocket/lockpick type in your party but other than that, I think there are better NPC's out there. It does get easier to retrieve squad members when you get portal and access to the T'rang teleporter.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 10:30 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Every NPC is as good as another--it all basically depends on who's in your core group. If you have a thief, you don't really need another one. In my case, I had a bard, but I didn't want to train her in pickpocketing. I wanted her to focus on music, and artifacts.

So Miles was perfect for me. He came in at a very useful point, when his level was more or less on par with mine. (Later, you'll encounter a number of NPCs who are much lower in level, as you advance. They're still a good value, but Miles can help you right from the first.) I found Miles very helpful, stealing spellbooks, resurrection powders and scrolls, weapons, ammunition, etc. I was able to collect a sizable haul, while Miles built up his skill.

And remember, *all* the NPCs will leave you in one or two instances. The game was designed so you couldn't keep a given NPC through to the end.

I'm not suggesting you should stick with Myles forever. But he's one of the first, and best, NPCs you'll find.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:08 AM   #4
Goumindong
Manshoon

ya, but i was pp'ing him for all he was worth, and he finnaly got wise to it, went hostile.

i was like ah man 191 hot points thats alot, but then, my ninja got her first instant kill of the game, on the first hit, before anyone else
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
Moni

I talked to him, got all of the "important" info he has to offer, then killed him.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:26 AM   #6
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I talked to him, got all of the "important" info he has to offer, then killed him.

Then I take it you missed the quests he presents to you throughout the game? And no, I'm not joking. [img]smile.gif[/img]
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:42 AM   #7
Moni

I got two...if there are more, then yes, I missed them.
Don't worry, I'll play again.
I just hope I can restrain myself next time (I've killed him in two consecutive games) he just gets on my nerves.

Actually, I "hired" him in my first game. He came in really handy while I trained my Ninja's lockpicking skill up.
I did not know about NPC's not going everywhere with you then though and when he refused to go onto the Umpani Base Camp with us, I got a little wary of him and whacked him then and there. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 01:16 PM   #8
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to PP him too. He turned on me and I had to do him in.

I think his "snidley whiplash" voice would have led me to that action sooner or later anyway
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote