Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 05:45 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I've just bought a Playstation 2! Whooopee!!

Problem is, I have no games, only one controller, and no memory card, BUT I can play DVDs from any region(whatever the hell that means) and I can use pirated games(which, compared to the S$80+ originals, is a damn bargain at S$10+) AND I can use Playstation 1 games.
All this for S$650.
I've been ripped off..
Old 12-06-2001, 06:22 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

brotha, from my opinion, you bought it too early. Taiwan is helping Japan producing PSII. (meaning cheaper production cost) Since X-box joint the competition, the price of PS2 will go down very soon.

the price of their games are ABSURD right now. everyone says PS2 is better than X-box, that is just full of bull. first of all it is all matter of preference. second of all, EVERY X-box game is outstanding. compare to PS2's dull products. (by my taste)

anyway, totally understand your pain. try Soul Reaver 3 and Shemun 2 (that game freaking kicks ass, you play real Kun Fu. it is like Asian styled AD&D... well, you are not asian, so I am not expecting you to appreciate the cantonese culture, HK, gangs, Kun Fu fight, Jap/kor myth, portraited in the game. but try it, you just might like it)
Old 12-06-2001, 07:27 AM   #3
ThulsaDoom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

buy Grand Theft Auto 3 and you wont feel ripped off anymore .

plus you might want to pick up a couple more like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance and Gran Turismo 3 and most importantly Metal Gear Solid 2 .
those games are all must haves . IMO the right time to buy an xbox would be around sometime next year when their second generation games come out because right now it only has a couple of good games .
[IMG]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LwAAAMYQMYfrPzxx4N8BjQGPBvuf94c7H3IP8gyZvgsrGELba TVmO*ckw5SnXgbpcdbGKCGvVsk/Conan2.jpg[/IMG] <i>\"What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!\"</i>
Old 12-06-2001, 07:33 AM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I own a PS2 and enjoy it very much. You can play DVD's and all but a few PSOne games (if you buy used games they should be cheaper). PS2 games are expensive new. But you can buy those used as well. I have owned a PSOne and have controllers, games and memory cards, all this is usable with a PS2. It is the first backward compatable system made. Sony has gone out of their way to cater to the tastes and desires of the console gamer. Lifetime you should have checked things out a bit more and priced the games and other required gear first.
250 is right though you bought it at the wrong time. The price may drop in the near future, but not before Next Year.

250 as far as all the PS2 games being dull that is a matter of taste as well...Personally I don't see where the X-Box games are any different at all. Oh Boy yet another Fighting game, Racing game or Skateboard game.
X-Box is made by Microslut. Just what I wanna do...give MS more money.
Sorry. MS is selling these machines at a loss of nearly $100.00 per machine. Why? Because they can. They have huge stores of cash to blow in order to buy their way into this market. They put expensive components into the X-Box, your getting about 15% to 20% more machine, but they are going to make that money up somewhere. You know that.

All this considered it is still a matter of taste. I am not trying to be an arse. Just trying to get my point across. I am a PS1 or PS2 fan.
Because they have proven to me that they want to produce what gamers want.
Anyway that's all I have to say on this matter. Sorry if I ranted.
[img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2001, 08:48 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hmm well i loved GTA 3... it cracked the hell out of me... i never stopped laughing...

so buy that game and as ThulsaDoom said, you won't feel ripped off anymore... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2001, 09:00 AM   #6
MagiK

Don't you research things before you spend that much money on it?

Old 12-06-2001, 03:39 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

From the title I was afraid that you bought Pools of Radiance. Thank God you didn't.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-06-2001, 04:08 PM   #8
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

how and why did you spend 650 on a 300 dollar system?
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 12-06-2001, 04:36 PM   #9
ThulsaDoom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wait a minute ...is that U.S. dollars ???
[IMG]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LwAAAMYQMYfrPzxx4N8BjQGPBvuf94c7H3IP8gyZvgsrGELba TVmO*ckw5SnXgbpcdbGKCGvVsk/Conan2.jpg[/IMG] <i>\"What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!\"</i>
Old 12-06-2001, 04:51 PM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well in England it's only £299, which is even less than $300 u.s dollars, I think...