Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-09-2001, 10:28 PM   #11
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Those Ulithids are damn hard! That fight against 5 of them and 2-3 umber hulks was very challenging. I don't understand what ability they use to do it, but often I'd send my bulked up fighters in there and they'd take 3 damage from the Ulithid and die instantly. Whats up with that? That was hard until I figured out the 7th level summoned Sword works real nice against them.

Also the 5 Demon Knights from the Kua-Tuo(? Fish men) area in the Underdark are VERY tough, even for my 14-16 level party. They cast many different power words, have magic resistance, have level drain, and are kickass melee fighters. Ranged weapons work nice against them, as does the aforementioned summoned Sword though.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:36 PM   #12
Anubis
Dungeon Master

Mind flayers. I'd rather fight 3 dragons at once than fight those sobs. If you want to modify a good monster do it with the mind flayers

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Old 07-10-2001, 02:41 AM   #13
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
Those Ulithids are damn hard! That fight against 5 of them and 2-3 umber hulks was very challenging. I don't understand what ability they use to do it, but often I'd send my bulked up fighters in there and they'd take 3 damage from the Ulithid and die instantly. Whats up with that? That was hard until I figured out the 7th level summoned Sword works real nice against them.

Also the 5 Demon Knights from the Kua-Tuo(? Fish men) area in the Underdark are VERY tough, even for my 14-16 level party. They cast many different power words, have magic resistance, have level drain, and are kickass melee fighters. Ranged weapons work nice against them, as does the aforementioned summoned Sword though.
For me was mind flyers hard, but only before I try priest spell Chaotic commands on my fighters. With this spell were mind flyers (ulitharids) pretty easy.

Demon knights was hard too.

------------------
Barbucha - a bear's bugaboo
Old 07-10-2001, 02:57 AM   #14
Gustave
The Magister

Top 5 difficult monsters(in my opinion and in no order) All Mindflayers, large groups of demon knights, elder orbs(the ONLY difficult beholder) Balors, and Adamantium golems
Old 07-10-2001, 03:41 AM   #15
joetbd
Manshoon

Demon Knights
DEATHKNI.cre

There are 19 different "Balor" monsters, did you have a location in mind?

There are summoned Balors
Jon's Balors
Demon Balors
Under Dark Balors

Old 07-10-2001, 04:44 AM   #16
ecko
Dungeon Master

that gnome village balor ´was though

and those knigts two of my party members died
Old 07-10-2001, 04:51 AM   #17
ecko
Dungeon Master

demi liches
Old 07-10-2001, 05:09 AM   #18
Gustave
The Magister

Gnome one was annoying, but I have no particular ones in mind.
Old 07-10-2001, 05:48 AM   #19
Tricky
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have a combo. Like the Mindflayer/Umberhulk. Or Rakshasa and Hakeashar. Imust admit though my first tough fight was the lich at the city gates. Even now that lich has a special place in my heart. Thatlich acts as a good guide as too whether my party is "ready" or not.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:23 AM   #20
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Liches, definitely liches, mindflayers are easy with a priest and haste, whereas Liches usually require cheese tactics and are still nasty. Gauths can be nasty in groups, 'cos there so quick they'll wipe a party in a surprise ambush (unless you have shield and cloak of B & R, in which case they get wiped too easy). Think about combo's of monsters. On their any monster, even in a group can be dealt with, however, flayers beside Umbar hulks, much mre difficult etc.