Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 01:23 PM   #1
KBT904
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't know if anybody has noticed this yet or if it is a "random glitch" for my game only. When creating a new party to go through again and using the gold cheat, I inadvertantly removed my 1st character (the one with the gold)and thus emptied his pockets. However, I also had a character sitting in second position (b/c of awesome stats). Once I cheated for about 50K gold I then added the first character back in and lo-and behold he had the original amount of gold with him! In addition, after I moved his gold to the new party leader, I removed him from the party and added him back again... again he had the original amt with him... added 2000 gold at a time that way just adding, pooling, removing repeat. --- whole lot easier than creating new characters and deleting all the time.
KBT904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 01:46 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yep - that's the original "gold cheat" for this game! And it is a lot easier and more effective than creating and deleting characters as we sometimes need to do in other games.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 01:51 PM   #3
catzenpewters
Manshoon

If you like the gold cheat (I sure did - I got over a million gold after a while!) you'll probably like the hit points cheat as well. As soon as you can, get the Vine spell 'Toughen'. If you cast the spell on your party members just outside a city then enter the city, the hit points will become permanent. I make it a practice to cast it on everyone each time I go into a city, and I'm up around 700 hit points per character now. Sure helps the first time through the game!
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 05:09 PM   #4
slug
Manshoon

i thought the gold cheat worked without the patch and the hit-point cheat worked with the patch only. ?
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:32 PM   #5
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I don't have the patch and have been quite successful with both chea... errr.. boosts.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:46 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you have the patch, neither *ahem* "undocumented feature" works.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 05:07 AM   #7
Solarius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What a handy hint. Might try that next time (only finished this game once).
Thanks wise ones.
Solarius is offline   Reply With Quote