Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-23-2001, 08:42 PM   #11
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
I can't follow yours! Seems to me that the Palestine situation and the America situation are exactly the same. If not, why not?

They are not the same but very similar: one nation is conquered and it's population set aside. In North America, it's the Indians. In Palestine (now Israel) it's the Palestinians. They're put aside, have virtually no government rights and they have claims over the territory.

To support Jews having rights over Israel (not now, but before Israel was created) would be to say that Indians have rights over the North American continent today. It's an idiotic idea.

BTW: I have nothing againts Jews, I just think that Occidental support for the creation of Israel following WWII is one of the Great political blunders of the XXth Century.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-23-2001, 08:44 PM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
They are not the same but very similar: one nation is conquered and it's population set aside. In North America, it's the Indians. In Palestine (now Israel) it's the Palestinians. They're put aside, have virtually no government rights and they have claims over the territory.

I think that they are similar enough to draw the comparison. She doesn't think that they are similar in any way, shape or form.

To support Jews having rights over Israel (not now, but before Israel was created) would be to say that Indians have rights over the North American continent today. It's an idiotic idea.

BTW: I have nothing againts Jews, I just think that Occidental support for the creation of Israel following WWII is one of the Great political blunders of the XXth Century.

Oops, second paragraph is new

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-23-2001).]