Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 12:48 AM   #1
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Im near Boston, MA, USA. I've yet to hear of different versions for different places.
Is there a way to get the collectors edition bonus disc without purchasing the game all over again? ( my software store didny have it when i bought mine)
Old 12-06-2000, 10:04 AM   #2
Conan

I live in Connecticut USA. Ive heard that game content is changed for different parts of the world. For instance I read in PC Gamer that our friend to the north in Canada, can only get a toned down version of Soldier of Fortune. Is this true with BG1&2.

Old 12-06-2000, 10:15 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
I live in Sweden and well most games doesn´t differ from the originals, only the age rating system and some of the manuals are now unfortunately translated to Swedish, not good but maybe it is so that a broader group of people will buy the games but I think it will have a negative effect since the ingame texts and sound still is in english..
Other than only the release dates differ. You can go possitively nuts knowing that a game is released in US, england or anywhere else and you have to wait yet another month..
Old 12-06-2000, 10:28 AM   #4
Arak

Also from Sweden, and as WOLFGIR says dont think the contents of the games differ but knowing that the game has been realesed somewhere but not here and all you can do is wait while reading the reviews and boards sure can drive you up the walls

Old 12-06-2000, 10:34 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

From Sydney, Australia and I have the exact same thing you're playing now, Conan. And we got it the same week you guys did, maybe a few days later (thank God!).
Old 12-06-2000, 10:40 AM   #6
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Wohoo, lots of swedes =)

Sweden too. Same game as you. Luckily, my manual aint translated. When I bought Diablo II, however, it was, and my did it suck.
Old 12-06-2000, 11:23 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

I'm from Holland, and fortunately, the game they sell here is exactly the same as the original version. However, I think that possibly some games are translated in foreign languages if this would be economically profitable (i.e. for countries like Germany, France, Italy) because my friend has an italian version of Myth 2 and a French one of Nomad Soul.
It must suck big time! Can you imagine Minsc saying things like: 'Na, jetzt brauch ich aber ein großeres Schwerd!' or 'Minsc und Boo stehen fertig!' 'Der Boo fragt: Was??' 'Wir sind ja alle Helden, Du und Boo und ich...Hamster und Förster überall freuen sich!' hmmm... what about: 'Deine Stimme ist ja sanft wie Ambrozin'??? Btw, I'm not german so I apologize for all the mistakes I've undoubtedly made!
Old 12-06-2000, 11:47 AM   #8
ironfist

I couldnt find the BG2 collector edition with bonus cd here in Norway.

Old 12-06-2000, 01:26 PM   #9
Morninglord

Sweden here too. I am the 4:th person who have answered this thread to be from Sweden =)

Not so strange perhaps, considering that we are the IT and internet country number 1 in the world (and yes, Americans who will most likely object , counting per capita we surpass you in the number of internet connections and computers among the population)

And as someone said, I have never seen a game that have been changed no matter where it is released in the world. Except for the manual of course. And maybe that in some rare exceptional case the whole language of the game have been change to the native language of that which country it was released in.
Come to think of it, when the early versions of NHL (94, 95, etc) was released, they added the Swedish elite-series icehockey teams to the game though.

However, I don't even own a manual to BG2 as I own a copy of the game 0

And to the Swedes, where do you live? I live in Åkersberga, just north of Stockholm.

Och har skaffat er några jul-kalendrar än då? Man har ju en mumsig choklad-kalender varje år vetja =)

/Morninglord of Sweden

Old 12-06-2000, 01:31 PM   #10
Sebastian_Kell

Well Conan I'm from Mississauga Ontario Canada, The game does not differ up here in the Great white north since we get it from you guys anyway and as far as Soldier of Forture magazine goes I don't know anyone who reads it (not many of us pack heat here) by the way most major cities in Canada aren't that cold. All of our good friends from Sweden probably have it much worse.