Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

Okay - thanks to all who chimed in on my previous query of which to purchase. Now, the where is daunting. Which would you trust most, an eBay purchase or an Amazon purchase? Are there any other reputable places (with actual stores) where I might find BG?

I will surf Best Buy, GameStop, Electronics Boutique later on during lunch, but was wondering what thoughts you all may have on this topic.

TiliaLyn
TiliaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #2
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Wow... all this stress over the game

I would just walk into a game store when I felt like getting a new game, and browse the selection to find one I like.

Course... mine are a lot cheaper I suppose [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No real help from me though
Old 06-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I think you'll find BG "massive packs" in the stores. By that, I mean those compendium collections of BG plus all expansions, or BG/Bg2 plus all expansions, and so on. That's what I'd do... it's a worthwhile game if you're into more classic-oriented CRPG (which it sounds like you are), and for no more than $40 (which is over your $30 limit, IIRC, but sorry), you can get the game with all expansions. That's far less than you will ultimately pay out...

Check CompUsa, EB Games, or one of the others. I refuse to shop at Best Buy, so I can't help you there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

Callum: I tend to overthink things, but that's only because I want to do it right. I have this need to rationalize this purchase.

Bungleau: I too frown at the thought of walking into Best Buy - personally I think there's no truth in advertising with their name. And you're right I do love the classic CRPG and did only want to spend about $30, but considering that was a self-imposed limit. But considering my husband spends around $4/pack of cigs and smokes about 1 1/2 packs/day, so I figure a $40 investment to keep me unbored is justified. (Holy crap - I just did the math on that. I didn't realize he spends about $155/month on those darned things. And I wonder why we're always tight at the end of the month!!)
Old 06-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by TiliaLyn:
Okay - thanks to all who chimed in on my previous query of which to purchase. Now, the where is daunting. Which would you trust most, an eBay purchase or an Amazon purchase? Are there any other reputable places (with actual stores) where I might find BG?

I will surf Best Buy, GameStop, Electronics Boutique later on during lunch, but was wondering what thoughts you all may have on this topic.

TiliaLyn
If you can get an acceptable price from Amazon, I'd use them before eBay. Since you're buying from a known company instead of an unknown individual, there's less chance of a problem. I've bought from both & never had any problems from either one (yet!). If you can walk into a store & get the same thing, that's even better.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

Crap - just looking on Amazon - yes I know it's not really 12:00 EST yet, but hey. Will BG original work on Windows XP?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by TiliaLyn:
Crap - just looking on Amazon - yes I know it's not really 12:00 EST yet, but hey. Will BG original work on Windows XP?
Yep.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #8
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

::wiping brown:: whew. Then I'm ordering it this afternoon. Thanks Johnny!!

T