Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4521442.stm

Seems like every little section of the Globe wants to fight about something. Ah well, the more things change...

Edit~ Title Change. As a guy who used to live in Australia, I'm pretty surprised I didn't notice that.
Edit~ MAN, I'm stupid, thanks Melchior.

[ 12-13-2005, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
The clashes follow an assault on two lifeguards last week, reportedly by youths of Middle Eastern origin.
I'm wondering if this is really the cause, or if there's some other underlying cause... it seems a bit of a serious reprisal for assault, considering it took two deaths for the rioters in Paris to flip out, and LAPD essentially getting off scott free with Rodney King to launch the LA riots...

Any Aussies with a better understanding of the events in question?

[ 12-12-2005, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Just been speaking with a friend who lived in Oz for half a year. He said that they had huge problems with Somalian gangs where he lived, so he wasn't particularly surprised by this, even if he didn't condone it.

There are comments from a couple of Aussies and plenty more who have visited in the Have Your Say thread.

[ 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Sir Degrader

Agreed. The Gang Rapes in Sydney haven't endeared muslim youths to regular Aussies either...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

a few posts from Dhimmi Watch (an affiliate of Jihad Watch), no idea how accurate, or skewed it is, as it's not an issue that ever makes news here in the USA...

Quote:
This problem has been brewing for a number of years. A day at the beach which was once something to look forward to is now an unpleasant experience. This is how ME types skate around the law when they go to the beach:

They'll deliberately kick a soccer ball at a mother and young child. If the ball strikes the child or mother they just smile. If the woman says anything she has three in-your-face ME types calling her a slut or whore and telling her to 'get off our beach'. If a male goes to her aid the ME's use the mobile phone and suddenly you're surrounded by about 10 - 15 ME types who want to belt an Aussie. These ME types walk behind teenage girls and call them sluts or whores and say 'how would you like a 10 inch banana'. Other stuff they do is surround a couple of teenage girls sunbathing and jump on them. We have a movement on the beach known as Nippers which is to teach young kids (around 10 years of age) how to enjoy the beach and they are organised into teams and stuff like that (think little athletics). The ME types walk up to the kids and call the young girls 'tarts'. As I said a day at the beach is nothing but a hassle at certain beaches.

Our police force hierarchy has been politicised by our politicians and made impuissant by a pommie commissioner we had a few years back who promoted 'yes men' and got rid of a lot of good old fashioned cops. Believe it or not we had two female officers on patrol at Cronulla about 3 months ago. Can you imagine 20 ME types itching to bash a cop being scared of two female officers?

Our premier (something like a yank governor) Morris Iemma keeps talking about the law breakers facing the full force of the law. Once in court they get things like conferencing (for young offenders 14 - 15 -16 year-olds) or 120 hours community service by our limp wristed magistrates. I can almost smell the brown stuff running down the leg of a law breaker just thinking about it. 120 of community service - how will I cope?

Tonight (Monday 12th from about 9pm) has been a busy one for cops. Muslims came streaming out of the Lakemba mosque chanting god is great. Then young ME types 'visited' some suburbs and smashed parked cars with baseball bats and steel bars etc.

Arabs have been urged via text messaging to turn up at Cronulla this Sunday 18th for a confrontation.

How can we ever thank our politicians enough for bringing this mob into our country? Do we pay our politicians enough?

Multiculturalism is a huge success in Australia.
and a few linked news articles from another poster.

Quote:
Cronulla Beach attacks.........
MAROUBRA: Rampage of hate

By STEVE GEE
Daily Telegraph
December 13, 2005

TERRIFIED residents told yesterday how they were bashed, threatened with firearms and forced to cower inside their homes after up to 100 youths of Middle Eastern descent rampaged through Maroubra in apparent retaliation for the Cronulla race riots.

As locals counted the cost, more than 60 damaged cars lined two of Maroubra's main streets yesterday.
Residents told how they watched in horror - many cowering inside with their children - as youths descended on Maroubra and Malabar Rds, targeting virtually every car in the street.

One man, Steve, said he was threatened with a handgun and chased inside his home when he went to investigate the commotion.

"I was at the gate and this big guy came rushing towards me," he said.

"I slammed the gate and ... another guy at the car pointed a gun at me and said, 'get back inside'. I ran inside and they chased us up the steps. It was terrifying."

Another resident, Niki Barr, 42, said she was knocked to the ground after being smashed in the head by a thug with a baseball bat.

"He just smashed me and kept running," Ms Barr said.

"As he ran off he said, 'this is our country too' and he was gone."

Residents said the gang appeared to be well organised with some members smashing cars while others followed closely in getaway vehicles.

Weapons including a set of nun-chukkas, steel poles and tree stakes were left behind after the rampage.

New parents Tallis and Oriana, who did not want to reveal their surnames, said they watched in shock as four men attacked their Nissan Pulsar with a baseball bat, planks of wood and a knife.

"It was really scary because we didn't know what was going to happen, whether they would try and attack the house," Oriana said.

Tallis said: "I'm just surprised no one died, with the knives they had.

"There was one guy slashing tyres, another jumping on the bonnet and others smashing windows."

Trouble flared about 9pm when the gang descended on Malabar Rd and went on a rampage towards Maroubra beach.

Residents claimed police were ill-prepared for the violence, with many saying it was only stopped when the gang was chased away by the 'Bra Boys surf gang.

Lyne Sickle, whose Ford Festiva was vandalised, said she watched a police car enter the street and then turn away as a large mob of hooligans congregated.

"I don't know why they (police) didn't do anything," she said.

Randwick councillor Murray Mathson said only four police cars initially responded to calls for help.

"They were outnumbered and from what I understand, it was the 'Bra Boys who saved the police from attack," he said.

"Although I am not a fan of the 'Bra Boys, I think their protection of the police was praiseworthy in this incident."

Trouble also flared in Brighton-le-Sands, where youths threw missiles at police on Sunday night.

Insurance experts last night said companies should treat the attack on the cars as an act of malicious damage and therefore cover any claims.

The Daily Telegraph

Race violence flares again

12-12-2005
News.com.au

MOBS of men have damaged a number of vehicles in an outbreak of fresh violence in the southern Sydney suburb of Cronulla tonight.

A reporter from radio station 2GB said "chaos" had broken out in the beach shopping centre with vehicles damaged and police making arrests as mobs of men roam the streets.
"People are standing around in shock, just watching," the reporter said.

"Every window in some cars has been smashed. Roads have been blocked (by police)."

He witnessed police arrest a group of five people.

Some motorists were ignoring the road blocks, simply driving around the obstacles, he said.

"There's chaos, with ambulances and police going in all directions." One resident, who did not want to be named, said about 50 cars carrying men of Middle Eastern appearance had driven into the area tonight.

Some of the men emerged from the vehicles and began trashing every car in sight with baseball bats, the resident said.

Ambulance officers also had been called to help at least one injured man seen by reporters lying on the side of the road
Quote:
well, looking at various sources I think I get the picture:

It takes years to provoke a response from the unprotected public who suffer sharia (well you are infidel and or female so who cares what happens to you) from their own authorities.

when the response comes it is over 5,000 strong and out of that a few do some others in. (probably innocent in as I suspect all the culprits will be in the mosque organising their response).

The word riot is used to describe a pissed off group of people who are all apparently neo-nazi racists and who didn't damage property or kill anyone.

then the mosque brigades set off damaging property and stabbing people somewhere other than where the 5,000 are.

The same thing happened with the koranimals in Birmingham when the blacks got fed up and were not allowed to have a meeting about it by the koranimans who then killed a black guy well away from the trouble who was nothing to do with it.

If Australians cannot realise that it is the most restrained "riot" recently reported and the un-australian ones are those that run out of a mosque and shout praises to the moon god, then I suggest the give up their freedoms now.

(as an aside most lebs are christians so what does the moslem enemy foundation have to do with it by calling the non rioting rioters un-asutralian? I guess they must have even harsher words for the lebs doing a proper riot in revenge. As a second aside why do moslem lebs need asylum from their own umma?)

there are none so blind as those that do not want to see
Quote:
I feel genuine sympathy with the Lebanese Christians residing in Australia.

In Canada the large Lebanese Maronite community has contributed in countless ways to the enrichment of the country. They're dynamic, they're clever, they're generous, and they're very, very appreciated.

No one should ever be attacked because of skin colour, but individuals can be challenged and confronted based on erroneous cultural cassettes.

In fact, it should be encouraged, because challenging ideas and deeply held beliefs is one of the hallmarks of western civilisation.
[ 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

We had race problems here for 100 years, due to a large insular population of immigrants imported for cheap (um... free) labor. Boy, did we get shite for it from the rest of the free world. Looked down their noses at us, they bloddy did. It's a good thing that sort of disaster will never happen elsewhere.

Wait for it ----> Yar! The rolleyes smiley strikes again!

[ 12-12-2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #7
Sir Degrader

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that (either that or I'm a bloody retard), could you make it more obvious? Are you talking about slaves? The Orientals? Mexicans?

[ 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Looking a early 20th century media for evidence, America's race issues have spanned the world's people. Black, Yellow, Brown, Red, even other Whites, have all found themselves in the crosshairs of some form of racial hatred or another.

Gracious am I ever that we can call that more history now than less.

I am not informed enough to know if these riots in Australia fit a bigger pattern, or are an isolated phenomenom born of these times.

[ 12-12-2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well, here is an Australian's opinion on the situation:

Basically, if you know a little bit about Australia, you will know that we are fairly multicultural, the perfect example being, our beaches are full of people of all different races, unfortunantly, our moron surfies are very territorial, and alot of people(not just the surfies) are getting sick of the ammount of "other races" and when the two lifeguards were bashed, that was the last straw, the surfies decided to take it out on all the other people "of the same appearance"....

Or something like that, I have not been paying much attention as I don't care at all about morons like them.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:00 AM   #10
Melchior
Manshoon

This is very disturbing. I am an Australian in Chicago, and I used to live at Maroubra Beach. I am familiar with racial tension between "Anglos" and Lebanese. I spent 8 years as an adolescant growing up near Bankstown, in Sydney's west (could we please fix the thread title spelling error btw).

As an adolescant I harboured what I now recognise as fear-based racism towards what I perceived to be an aggressive Arabic community. A threatening situation or two created a perceived basis for such a fear, but I am not proud to have harboured those feelings. "Spot the Aussie" was a joke "game" played when visiting Bankstown for example.

Consequently I understand what the mentality of the original Cronulla mob may have been. For the beach suburbs have a seige mentality towards the "blowflies" that come in from Sydney's west. The "Bra Boys" as quoted above, are a very territorial group of Surfers in Maroubra, who have been known to get violent in the surf at "invaders" but this is not limited to RACE, but subculture. An Anglo who cuts in on a local's wave can be the target.

It just so happens, that the divisions of Sydney's geography are racially drawn, and so what is a subcultural issue, can quickly become a racial issue.

Adding to peoples frustrations is that many Lebanese youths associate with American hiphop culture - including the race rage slavery has left us with. However, the Lebanese were welcomed into Australia as war refugees, not taken there as slaves, so a responsive anger towards a perceived unjustified anger is the response. (If anything, the convicts were the slaves equivalent.)

Racism sucks. I can't believe my former home town was under seige only last night, I have friends and family whom I am now concerned about. Some live in Maroubra. Others live in Cronulla. This is distressing news to say the least.

[ 12-13-2005, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Melchior ]