Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

We're not very busy around here these days but I notice that lots of us show up regularly anyways soooooooo

What's NEW and INTERESTING????

For me it's mostly painting, painting, painting and more painting. Did open a CafePress shop where folks can buy some of my paintings on mugs and mousepads and other assorted stuff. Need to rework my art website but not quite sure what to do - I do have a ton of paintings that I need to add to it at least.

We had a very rare warm spell here last week - it really felt like Spring - what a tease! I'm so ready for Spring!!

So, what good movies have you seen lately??
Read any good books??

I'm currently rereading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Have a pile of books to read!

and I've been doing experiments with Polyclay which has been fun too!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Polyclay, huh? Is that anything like Polyjuice? [img]smile.gif[/img] And what's the link to your CafePress site, Wyv?

I've read all the HP books except Azkaban now, and seen all four movies. My daughter has seen three of them; at 8, I don't think I'm going to let her see the 4th yet. The majority was okay, but the ending scenes... sorry.

Half-Blood Prince was great, BTW... far better than Order of the Phoenix in my book, and had me guessing until the end as to who was where and what was what. To avoid spoilage, I will only say that I read the end battle twice, to make sure I hadn't missed anything... sadly, I hadn't.

Had a lot of fun recently with opportunities for customer service. Our van had a minor transmission problem, and to shorten a long story, over $2000 and a rebuilt transmission later, we still had the same problem. The proprietor of the shop fixed it free of charge, but the van now smells like a shop (and if anyone's ever had one of those old cars, they know what I mean). And now it's clunking... possibly a brake issue, but possibly a transmission issue again.

And today, in another round of stellar wizardry, John the Wonder Plumber brought me not one, but

TWO

basement floods in the process of fixing my water heater. Errrrr... replacing is the correct word.... one flood at the start, and another at the end. I can forgive him the first... the second is on his dime. I now own a wet vac... purchased minutes after the second flood. He also was supposed to fix another leaky spot we have, which he did, and didn't charge us for. I figured he was feeling guilty about his two Noah performances... but not so. I got a call from the shop owner today asking me about the balance. I asked her if she knew what had happened today... since she didn't, I explained briefly and told her I was planning on calling her tomorrow after I'd had a chance to cool down and talk to her like an adult.

Should be interesting... many things going on now that have tremendous opportunities to frustrate me. Many. Frustrate. Exterminate. Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!

*wanders off like a certain pepper shaker, befuddled by stairs...*

*falls down them, followed by stares...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry to hear about the repair problems!!! There always seems to be yet another one!

Did you know that the NEW Doctor Who shows are going to be on the SciFi channel Friday evenings?? (yay!!!)

hehehehe Polyjuice! I really like all the HP books but given that Harry does age as the series progresses so do the plots to a point where they really aren't suitable for the younger audience.

Here's a link to my latest polyclay experiments:

http://www.intimateforest.com/studio/polyclayi.jpg

And here's the CafePress Shop

http://www.cafepress.com/intimate_forest
Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Reading and playing Age of Empires III top my list.

[ 01-17-2006, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-18-2006, 01:14 AM   #5
Eagle eye
Elminster

WE'RE HOSTING THE NEXT NEXT RUGBY WORLD CUP!!!

Darn Japanese... they try to sreals it from usss... our precious

...And even though their economy is twice as big as ours, they have bigger stadiums and bigger country on the whole... we still got it!

2011 is going to be a big year.

[ 01-18-2006, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Eagle eye ]
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle eye:
WE'RE HOSTING THE NEXT NEXT RUGBY WORLD CUP!!!

Darn Japanese... they try to sreals it from usss... our precious

...And even though their economy is twice as big as ours, they have bigger stadiums and bigger country on the whole... we still got it!

2011 is going to be a big year.
Congrats!!!

Will you be able to go and see the World Cup??
Old 01-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #7
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

Hey!! another kiwi with national pride. Your right about the world cup. I'm going to do everything I can to go and see it. Sadly "everything I can" isn't much so theres only a slim chance I will secure tickets.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
MJG
Dungeon Master

i have been reading a book called 'Ravens Gate'.
pretty damn strange!
i have been playing as well as wizards and warriors a game called 'Impossible Creatures'.
its really really funny.

i have also been trying to find a recipe for exploding paper. Tall Touch Paper if anyone has heard of it.

mjg
MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm trying to rework my website so that it is far easier to update than my current version -

Currently I have different gallery pages with 9 thumbnails each that link off to larger images of the paintings - but making additions is such a pain, requiring that I update just about every page on the site (don't ask - it's just a lousy design because I was trying to avoid frames)

Okay - NEW PLAN -

to have a slide show that displays all the paintings -

EVENTUALLY (as in NOT YET) when you click on the image of a paint you will be taking to an informational page about that painting BUT

for now all I'm trying to test is the slideshow itself

You need flash - probably the latest version and if you don't have it, I'll have to figure out how to tell you to go get it on that page ....

so if you do manage to get the slide show

Does it load quickly?

If you mouse over the image of the painting do you get a drop down caption about the painting?

IF you mouse over the navigational numbers at the bottom of the slideshow do you get popup thumbnails?

IF you click on one of those navigational numbers - does it take you to that image?

NOTHING ELSE ON THAT PAGE IS SET UP TO WORK SO DON"T GO CLICKING "home" etc etc. -

I just want to know if you can see the slideshow

(sigh)
Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

On what page, Wyv? I can't seem to find it, and the links up top don't take me to a place where I can see it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote