Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #21
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I intend to finesh of a few bg2 games i have going, maybe watch a few music dvd's i have, rent out the full LOTR trilogy possably... Thanks for the film idea cloudy, i hadn't thaught of that, seems like a good way to take my mind away from to itching.

[EDIT]I think i know why the water helps. Correct me if i'm wrong, but an itch is an iflamation right? It is a hot sensation, so if i cool down my skin with cold water, it's gonna cool down the inflamation, making the itch less noticable becuase it isn't as hot and raging.

[ 12-15-2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #22
Lady Sedai
Banned User

To your "edit"...that and the cold water probably numbs the area a bit, too.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Glad to help, TGTF! Oooh, LOTR! I wish I could sit and watch that, but with work and getting ready for Christmas, I don't have time right now..so watch it extra carefully for me,too! *teehee*
Old 12-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #24
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aye, it numbs my head, so i'm a bit thick headed atm I'll try and get brother or someone to pick up LOTR later tonight
Old 12-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #25
Absynthe

Oh man, chicken pox has to be one of the worst things ever. I got it when I was about fifteen, and didn't listen to the "don't scratch" warnings... I now have scars on my face and arms. If I recall, baking soda may help the itchiness. Try mixing a bit into a paste and see if it does any good for you. If it does, throw a box in the bath an soak yourself. Another thing that might help is Benadryl cream. It's similar to hydrocortisone cream in effect, but made of different stuff.
Good luck, and don't scratch!

Old 12-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #26
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree, it's the worst thing i've ever been through, and i'm only on day 1! And yeh i have NOTHING better to do than to keep posting on this forum i have around 30-35 times today. Anyway, yeh i'm trying as hard as i can not to scratch, which i'm doing ok at, but it IS very tempting to do so. But i keep telling myself, 'I don't want scars i don't want scars' I should come out clean the way it's going, but i don't know if i can keep this up for a week, especially if it gets any worse, and i KNOW it will...
Old 12-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #27
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Okay...another suggestion to help you not scratch (ESPECIALLY when you go to sleep, cause you WILL scratch in your sleep!)...wear gloves. Now that may not work so well while you are trying to type unless you have those "ultrathin" types, but wear them any other time. Gloves will keep your nails away from your skin.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:30 AM   #28
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, i have half an idea of tying my hands together in my sleep but i doubt that'd help much, or i could take a trick used in the tv show 'friends' and put oven gloves on it my sleep, hehe

[EDIT] I'm gonna give myself a goal, and the way i'm going i'll reach it. I intend to finesh my current game on BG2 WITHOUT restarting halfway through [img]tongue.gif[/img] and to reach 600 posts by the time my chicken pox has gone. The way i'm going, i'll reach that

[ 12-15-2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #29
Sigmar
Unicorn

You'll lose the will to live half-way through, and probably won't feel like playing any videogames.

Least, thats what happened to me!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #30
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well i already can't take much more of this...Still resisting the scratching, but only by biting into my bedding so hard it hurts my jaw, that diverts my attention from the spots

[EDIT] yeh cloudy, mum's JUST this second gone to get me lotr [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-15-2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]