Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 11:49 AM   #1
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In case you don't know he's a dude you meet while doing the Cernd's child quest

Actually, he doesn't turn hostile if you just go with the flow... but i'm not about to pass up 26000 exp, so the first time i played i hit him with a magic missile. He saw red and started to wreak havoc with the party, casting time stop, imprison, etc etc

When anomen bought the farm, i reloaded (I can't bear the thought of anyone dying on my watch) This time i magic missile to turn him red, and insect plagued him at the same time.... that spell rocks! the only spell he managed to get off was his contingency [img]smile.gif[/img] In the box you can read Spell Failure Spell Failure. So i thought it would be a piece of cake and continued to wail on him with Cernd, anomen and me.

Soon enuff, Lagole Gon-Death came on, so i paused, unpaused and my fighters were still doing damage to him! (Don't ask me why i paused, probably because his spheres were still up) Moving my cursor over him, it read uninjured! It took two more Lagole Gon- death before he finally stayed dead.

Later, i read through Dan's walkthrough and discovered that he's a "lich" So my question... Do all lichs have to be killed thrice before they die? Or was this a isolated incident since he's not suppose to turn hostile at all?

Off topic: F/M can only get two proff points in any weapon? Is this worth multiclassing to get the fighter HLA or should I kensai, grandmaster then dual to a mage, forgoing the fighter HLA?
Old 11-28-2001, 12:15 PM   #2
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Lichs sometimes cast a recreation spell i.e. shadow door, he may of done thids twice, possibly making himself invisible?
Old 11-28-2001, 12:38 PM   #3
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i couldn't really see him behind his shimmering globes of protection, but i could just make out his red circle when i paused, so no, he's not invisible. Besides, the text box read "death" and "spell failure" so he didn't get off any more spells did he? BTW there's no spell i know of that you can cast after you die to resurrect yourself...
Old 11-28-2001, 04:04 PM   #4
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He may have gotten off a project image (PI). I have noticed when I am fighting some mages that cast that this spell I only see the PI red circle and not the actual characters. You actually have to kill off the PI also. I have never been able to target the actual character when there was PI. That is my only guess though. I am sure there are a couple of other with more knowledge than me on this subject. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tsantlar
Old 11-28-2001, 05:11 PM   #5
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahhh... project image. maybe that's it!
Old 11-28-2001, 05:24 PM   #6
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ahhh... project image. maybe that's it!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:41 PM   #7
Kingenigma
The Magister

Or mislead.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:14 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Yes i think its mislead that this particular mage casts- simple way to get past anything like that- true sight.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:34 AM   #9
Whailor

I have had my "doube kills" as well. And from someone from whom I didn't exactly expect it. Namely it was the Revianne, from the Harper Hold quest. I was in Umar Hills, on my way to the ranger cabin, when she and her party jumped on me just behind the village. I tried to be benevolent, but it came down to blows anyway. And so the fight was over shortly, they were really no match.

After some time, I went back to the city and guess who waltzed to me at the Copper Coronet? Revianne again. Well dang, what a pest, one time beating was not enough as it seems. So we talked again and again I tried to be reasonable and again she didn't want to understand how fruitless her "quest" is and, again, she and her lil' pals got spanked hard.

But hey, who am I to say no for some fun, free loot, free cash and extra XP, right?