Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-06-2002, 03:40 PM   #1
perk31
Manshoon

* SPOILER
Aribeth is kicking my butt! I'm a level 17/1 paladin/sorc. I've buffed with everything, and used every scroll I have on her, Doesn't help that she recovers all her hit points in one heal. Any suggestions short of lots and lots of heal postions?

[ 09-06-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: perk31 ]
Old 09-06-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

PLEASE PUT A SPOILER WARNING IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE! Something like "final battle!"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #3
perk31
Manshoon

It was/is in the title.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:18 PM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Put it first and take aribeth's name out please. There are people who don't realise end-game decision.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
perk31
Manshoon

Done
Old 09-06-2002, 08:25 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

SPOILER

That's not the FINAL battle

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:28 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Err SPOILER

Oh and you don't have to kill Aribeth you know, you can convince her to surrender and get good XPs from it too. Once you start fighting, at one point she will give up, if you can convince her to surrender (and you can if you choose the right replies) then she will give herself up and won't fight you any longer. Tis the route I went anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-06-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-06-2002, 08:43 PM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you have Aribeth's ring, you can save her, otherwise you will have to have good persuasion skills. Whatever you can use to help buff your AC helps a lot here. Also, bring a henchman if you are playing sp or have someone else join you via multi-player. Sometimes she will cast HARM, which brings you down to 1-4 hp's? and if/when that happens, you could tag team her. Let the other attack while you buff up (Cure Crits, or HEAL if you got it). Also, use premonition and/or other damage reduction type spells. If you are a Paladin, you should be able to TOTALLY wail on her. Why are you casting scrolls? I don't understand that. If you take enough of her hitpoints down, she will surrender initially. This is the point you can talk to her. If you have her ring, it will give you an option to say something along the lines of, "The woman who gave me this ring . . . " That is the one that will get her to surrender. You can choose other options as well, but you will need high persuasion. If she surrenders, she will join Haedraline in the jail cell (not the same cell though - LOL). You can talk to her there. Since that is all the spoiler that you asked for, I will hold there. Good luck to you. Oh, and if you can use Stoneskin, definitely recommend that. Helps delay some pain.

[ 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 09-06-2002, 09:11 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Heya Tobbin! [img]smile.gif[/img] How are you doing? Hardly see you anymore

SPOILER [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I did the ol' "there still is hope, you can still change your ways" bit on Aribeth LOL. Needed a persuade to do it I think (can't remember). Still don't know what she saw in Fenthick LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #10
AndyG
Elminster

Aribeth heals herself with a heal spell. Find a way to prevent her from casting. If you're melee, try knockdown. If you're a caster, try a silence spell. Or find a way to stun, daze or hold her. She's not all that tough. Worst case scenario, she can only cast heal 2-3 times, so just keep beating on her. Use a Greater Swordsmans belt if you can't beat her any other way.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote