Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-09-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm wondering if you could recommend a particular destination and why? Cuba? Barbados? St.Kitts? Where is best?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-09-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I went once years ago. We didn't go to a particular destination, but took a cruise ship that toured around the Caribbean. It was a lot of fun, but I guess it wouldn't be for someone who is seasick. It was a huge boat though (HUGE!) so I don't think that seasickness would be a problem.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I have been to the British Virgin Islands a few years back. We went on a sailing cruise. It was very nice. The water is blue and warm and the snorkling is awsome. But it is nice to have a boat there because there is so many islands to see. The beach are coral so they are not hot to walk on. The problem is that they take US$ and being Canadian it hurt the pocket book a little bit but I would go back again.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:32 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd like to go to Cuba, and there are ways to do it [img]smile.gif[/img] But no never been in the Caribbean. I assume you bring this up for a reason. Wheres our group vacation Yorick? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 09:35 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

Naasau/Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Just incredible. The beaches were gorgeous and no one was on them! You can do pretty much anything in the Bahamas from there as it's a central location.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:37 PM   #6
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I'm wondering if you could recommend a particular destination and why? Cuba? Barbados? St.Kitts? Where is best?
We spent our homeymoon on Jamaica. Loved it, the resort was plush. However, the country is very poor. It certainly made us reasses our priorities. If we go back to the Caribean I would really like to visit St. Lucia. It is a small island with two domant volcanos (the Pittons - or something like that) and actual rain forest that you can hike in (as I understand). however, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. So, what are you seeking?

As a side note, we have also considered a resort in Playa Del Carmen (Mexico) where you can snorkel through underwater caverns and take day trips to Mayan ruins. Very cool in my opinion.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:57 PM   #7
MagiK

I lived in Puerto Rico for three years. Phosphorescent Bay is a nice place in PR. St. Thomas and St. Croix have some beautiful beaches and all three islands have some crystal clear waters that you can see down 60 feet like looking through glass. I love the Islands

Old 11-09-2002, 09:58 PM   #8
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I cant say that I have been to the Caribbean, but it looks great in the movies!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 11-10-2002, 04:11 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I've been to Jamaica, and I endorse what OTP had to say. Most of the country is pretty depressed and crime rates are pretty high - I felt safer leaving there and walking the streets of NYC at night than I did in Kingston. The restorts at Mo bay (Montego), Negrile, and Ocha Rios are safe though, and extremely good, but you can't help feeling that you are amongst a conclave of "haves" surrounded by the "have nots".

I talk often to people from that part of the world, and this very topic (whereto holiday in the carribean) came up only last night over dinner. We are currently doing a technical audit in OZ with 2 people each from the Jamaica and Surinam plants, and one from St Croix, - they suggested that the better places were Barbados, Curacao, or St Kitts and Nevis.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:25 AM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

As MagiK said St. Thomas is extremely beautiful [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Me and the hubby have also visited Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic) and that´s a cheaper alternative and also very beautiful and. My fav place was and still is St. Lucia! It´s locted between Martinique and St. Vincent and isn´t overrunned by tourists. Amazing wildlife and amazing beaches! Getting there can be more troublesome though We had to fly to Grenada and then sail to St. Lucia although I think you can fly there as well...