Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Swashies can get two stars in any thief weapon right?

So why is it they can only get one star in Katana?
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Probaly because Katana's aren't seen as standard thief weapons, most likely they are used by Samurai's/Kensai's ect... not really thiefs... thief weapons are darts/short swords/daggers ect.

BG II has a strange way of defining things IMO.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:43 AM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

my swash had no trouble putting 2 stars into katana...no idea whats stopping you
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
McHaggis
Manshoon

I have swashy in my party and I have noticed the same and wondered it also. Annatar could be right, but what about normal thieves? Can they put two stars in their katana slot? AFAIK, yes? I wonder how Gabrielles were able to do this..
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Thieves cannot be more than proficient in any weapon. Swashbucklers can be Specialized in any weapon a thief can use. They should have no problems getting two stars in Katanas, my own Swashie managed to specialize in them just fine.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #6
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, I can only manage to stick one star during character creation. When I try to click the button again, nothing happens.

In fact, the only thing I can seem to put two stars in is short swords and long swords with a Swashie. Scimitars, slings, bows, even daggers, all stuck at one star.

I guess I should chalk it up as another bug.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 01:22 PM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Butterfingers, Gabrielle, McHaggis, Rataxes - who of you has the official patch *and* the Baldurdash fixpack ?? Do any of you have TOB ?? I`m thinking that this could be conflicting game versions.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:10 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I guess it might be another Mac bug, since I can put ** in Katanas for my Swashbucklers just fine.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #9
Klutz
Manshoon

It is apparently a known bug that the Baldurdash fixpack fixes.

Butterfingers, if I recall correctly you play on a Mac, and I don't know if there is a Mac version of the Baldurdash fixes.

From Baldurdash SOA fixes (http://www.baldurdash.org/fixes.html):

Once Again Updated Weapon Proficiencies Fix resolves the following errors in the class weapon proficiencies table: Fighter/Druids could only put one proficiency into Two-Handed and Two-Weapon, Fighter/Mage/Clerics and Ranger/Clerics could only put one proficiency into Two-Handed but three into Clubs, Ranger/Clerics could only put two proficiencies into Two-Weapon, Paladins could put three proficiencies into Two-Weapon, Kensai and Cavaliers were not being allowed Darts proficiencies though it was confirmed that they may use all thrown vs. launched ranged weapons, Monks were not being allowed to choose Katana proficiency though they can use Katanas, Swashbucklers were not being allowed Katana specialization though they may specialize in any melee weapon they can use (which are the weapons thieves can use) and Swashbucklers were being allowed specialization in Short Bows, Crossbows and Slings though they may only specialize in melee weapons. (Note: Characters overproficient in any reduced proficiency will not lose the specialization point by installing this fix; it only affects future proficiency point assignment.)
Old 03-22-2003, 06:12 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Klutz:
Once Again Updated Weapon Proficiencies Fix resolves the following errors in the class weapon proficiencies table: .... Paladins could put three proficiencies into Two-Weapon, Kensai and Cavaliers were not being allowed Darts proficiencies though it was confirmed that they may use all thrown vs. launched ranged weapons....
That's weird. I thought ALL Warriors (including Paladins) could put *** into 2-Weapon Style, and I also thought that Kensai were forbidden to use Darts. Didn't I read at Baldurdash that it corrected the usability of the Crimson Dart, by not letting Kensai use it anymore?