Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #51
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, I hear you, OTP. I got in trouble for telling Piestrider that it was safe to eat food past the "sell by" date.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #52
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, I hear you, OTP. I got in trouble for telling Piestrider that it was safe to eat food past the "sell by" date.
LOL!!

I take it piestrider is another member? Perhaps a younger mamber?
Old 11-09-2002, 06:15 PM   #53
Eisenschwarz

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ummm, Yes most people tend to have happy childhood memories, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'd prefer to keep this thread on a happy note thanks.
Let's look at one of the statements you posted:

"This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all."

That can be said about every successive generation.

"Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law, imagine that! "

Again, People Have been moaning about this one since Roman times.
It's just BS, plain and simple.

Old 11-09-2002, 06:22 PM   #54
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Eisenschwarz I think the lady desires the place to bee a retreat into the happier thought of childhood, to escape the annoying present.
Everyone needs and escape once in a while, leave them to their happy thoughts and been done with it please.
Why rain on the parade?
Old 11-09-2002, 06:34 PM   #55
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
LOL!!

Yes, my 15 year-old son. Also a member of these Boards.

[ 11-09-2002, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 11-09-2002, 06:48 PM   #56
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Ummm, Yes most people tend to have happy childhood memories, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'd prefer to keep this thread on a happy note thanks.
Let's look at one of the statements you posted:

"This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all."

That can be said about every successive generation.

"Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law, imagine that! "

Again, People Have been moaning about this one since Roman times.
It's just BS, plain and simple.
[/QUOTE]Lighten up Eisenschwarz.

Yes you are right, successive generations usually do produce their own savants. However, each generation still has to prove itself.

In respect to the second quote, it is undeniable that the litigious landscape of our nation has changed dramatically in the past 40 years and as a consequence society has followed suit. Many look for a scapegoat, from executives to individuals. While the desire to shift blame has always been prevalent in all societies at all times, our current legal landscape has made it more acceptable than it was and thus more prevalent.

At the risk of being offensive and to repeat what has been said before….you do sound like a frustrated liberal trying to pick a fight. No harm intended.....just an observation.

Please be kind to LadyZekke, she didn't intend to offend with her harmless post.

[ 11-09-2002, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: onthepequod ]
Old 11-09-2002, 06:54 PM   #57
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
LOL!!

Yes, my 15 year-old son. Also a member of these Boards.[/QUOTE]Wow, a 15 year old son. I wish I could have seen the look on your wife's face when she found out you told him to eat whatever it was. Children are fun but wive are so much more so.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:13 PM   #58
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thank you Gabriel and Onthepequod [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eisenschwarz - If you want to debate this subject, please do it on your own thread and not here. I made this thread as a fun thing, a happy thing, for people to post their childhood memories.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 07:17 PM   #59
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Thank you Gabriel and Onthepequod [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eisenschwarz - If you want to debate this subject, please do it on your own thread and not here. I made this thread as a fun thing, a happy thing, for people to post their childhood memories.
I wuv u Lady Z
Old 11-09-2002, 07:24 PM   #60
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

[quote]Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
[qb]

"Mat" night (just before hallowe'en) was always a lot of fun, too. Leaving those flaming bags of dog droppings on peoples doorstoop always resulted in some entertaining chases...
What is "Mat" night LOL? Is "Mat" significant of doormats LOL? Curious!

Reality Show Recaps