Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 09:31 AM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

I just bought Starcraft and started playing it last night. I enjoyed it but I would really like to know if there is any way to pause the game. I’ve looked through the instruction manual and haven’t found anything referring to a pause hotkey. Does anyone out there know if this game can be paused?
Old 06-14-2002, 09:35 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Singleplayer? F10

In multiplayer games, you can go to the game menu to select a timeout. Note that each multiplayer game can only have a maximum of 3 timeouts.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 09:42 AM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
[QB]Singleplayer? F10
QB]
Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
Deathcow
Elminster

it also makes people mad when you pause it and leave to make coffee [img]smile.gif[/img]

try to keep pauses short when doing multiplayer
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Brood War is the expansion for it and its cool too. Its got more types of units and is pretty tough on single player. If you want to have a go on battlenet let me know [img]smile.gif[/img]

F10 is the pause in single player and it can be used as much as you want. In multiplayer you have to click F10 and something else, but you can only use it a couple of times per game.

Protoss are the best IMO. After them I prefer the Terrans. I dont care much for Zerg. If you go Protoss build alot of canons on your perimeter. [img]smile.gif[/img] Youll like the results when the Zerg try a Zergling rush [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:00 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
If you go Protoss build alot of canons on your perimeter. [img]smile.gif[/img] Youll like the results when the Zerg try a Zergling rush [img]smile.gif[/img]
Protoss player here, Terran secondary.

Let me assure you that you will not like the results when he/she uses Zergling Swarm( or even worse, the Crackling* Swarm) in conjunction with Dark Swarm against a mass of Photon Cannons. He/she will laugh, you will cry.

A combination of Archons, Reavers, Dark Templars and High Templars will fare much, much better.

However, against a good Zerg player, it is prudent to build two cannons before your Gateway. This is to counter his/her initial 6-2 Zergling Rush.

*Crackling: A Zergling that has both the movement upgrade, and the attack speed upgrade. Armour and attack are usually maxed as well.

[ 06-14-2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I just hit command M and play while doing other thigns in the backgroudn [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yep... Starcraft was fun, but I think Warcraft was more addictive and Total annihilation was a WAY better Strategy game, too bad it's online play capabilities fell short. it was too soon to have a fully 3D game like that out on the public market

my personal strategy is to build cannons like the devil because they don't cost as units, fillt he whole damn level up with them, it only costs a few minerals, while doing that save up your vepsene to build carriers so that's all you need victory is quite ensured if you can rain down hundreds of carriers, be wary of ghosts tho, send in archons to do storms on them should you have to...

[ 06-14-2002, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:05 AM   #8
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:
it also makes people mad when you pause it and leave to make coffee [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL!

I'll try to remember that.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:08 AM   #9
Deathcow
Elminster

im best with terran, about the same with protoss and zerg

if there isnt a ling rush, mass tanks usually win the day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:12 AM   #10
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I just hit command M and play while doing other thigns in the backgroudn [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yep... Starcraft was fun, but I think Warcraft was more addictive and Total annihilation was a WAY better Strategy game, too bad it's online play capabilities fell short. it was too soon to have a fully 3D game like that out on the public market

my personal strategy is to build cannons like the devil because they don't cost as units, fillt he whole damn level up with them, it only costs a few minerals, while doing that save up your vepsene to build carriers so that's all you need victory is quite ensured if you can rain down hundreds of carriers, be wary of ghosts tho, send in archons to do storms on them should you have to...
lol, thats so cheesy....but i hope you know that all 3 races have units with greater range than cannons...which cant move [img]smile.gif[/img]

dragoons cost a little more, but theyre basically movable cannons, and how expensive are pylons? come on [img]smile.gif[/img]