Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you worry about getting old?
Yes I do 6 31.58%
I'm not worried, but I do think about it 6 31.58%
No, I don't think about it 5 26.32%
No, I'm looking forward to it 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I was reading a magazine article about couples who get botox together at the first sign of a wrinkle, and thought, how much are these people NOT looking forward to getting old??

So how about you? Worried, or not?
Old 02-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I am worried, yeah. I do fear losing my looks, getting larger, but more than that, I am scared to death of commitment. I can't stay with a girl for longer than a few months without getting panicky and thinking "my life is over." Every time I'm involved in something long term, I start thinking about weddings and kids, and the thought terrifies me. So I end up breaking it off with the girl and enjoying my bachelor lifestyle once again, til I am tempted by the fairer sex the next time. It's a vicious circle, and one I hope to be able to break at some point soon.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Ugh... I just realised you can't actually answer the poll - I shouldn't try to make polls before 8am from now on I think . Well, just answer in the thread then if you want *sighs*. I think I've been on holidays too long
Old 02-04-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No problems at all with aging, people call me "sir" now. I don't like the idea of getting REALLY old though, like over 70 or 80. I hope to reach that age of course, but if it's not in good health, then i'd rather be dead.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:54 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm not concerned, but I don't look forward to losing my voice... As it is now, I can sing and project like nobody's business... I can speak in a crowded auditorium without a microphone and still be heard... I can scratch my nose with my feet, going behind my back...
I don't look forward to losing any of that, not at all.
Though hopefully, by that time, I'll have achieved Venerable Actor status and will have old-people roles lined up for me.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:33 AM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

You know Illumina, it IS possible to scratch your nose with your fingers as well. Try it, you'll be surprised how easy it is.

I'm mostly 'afraid' of loosing my self-sufficiency; needing to be fed with a spoon and help going to the bathroom is not my idea of a fun life. If you add diapers to that is like becoming a child again.

[ 02-05-2004, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 02-05-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

As still being under 20 I don't really worry about the problem, although I do not want to have to depend on people later (not being able to move alone for example). I also don't want to go through illnesses which now would do nothing to me, but later can be really bad. My grandmother is starting to get old and until recently she had been really top, but then she got a few illnesses, although it seems she is getting out of them.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #8
philip
Galvatron

I'm 16 but I don't really care about getting old(er). It's nearly the same as death's life's only certainty so it's coming anyway, why bother.

I do care about others dying I think, haven't really had that with someone that was really close, or I was too young to really know what's going on. I don't care about dying, to quote someone (don't know who said it but I think it's a classical philosophist) if I am here death's not here, if death's here I'm not here. I would however like to talk to the people I love before dying
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Hmmm, well if I *don't* grow old as far as I know there is only one other option and I'm not ready for it yet... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
You know Illumina, it IS possible to scratch your nose with your fingers as well. Try it, you'll be surprised how easy it is.

I'm mostly 'afraid' of loosing my self-sufficiency; needing to be fed with a spoon and help going to the bathroom is not my idea of a fun life. If you add diapers to that is like becoming a child again.
First off, scratching with your fingers is for mortals.

And do you remember what Jerry Seinfeld said about aging? Your first few and last few birthdays are the same. You really don't know what's going on, so you have people to let you know who your friends are and why they're there... and you need a little help with the cake-blowing.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote