Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well...first of all...my deepest feelings are with the victims and their kin in N.Y.
I was awaken by an SMS from my brother that told me that somebody had bombed the WTC...I turned on the TV...expecting a carbomb...like last time...nothing big!
The first thing I saw was a plane crashing into the second tower...it took me several hours to grasp the concept behind such an act.
I used the following days trying to contact my friends and my uncle in N.Y. and it turned out that I had in fact lost one of my friends (
...and the only reason my uncle is still among us is that he´d decided to meet late this day )
Today I´m left with the same question as everybody else "WHY?".
I mean except Osama Bin Ladin and his people no one is to blame...every government in the world has their stake in this.
I live in Europe...and ALL the time I hear people say that it is the americans own fault ´cause they stick their noses in others business.
I didn´t hear anyone complain when Europe needed help to solve the troubles in Yugoslavia...nobody made a fuss about Kuwait, we all knew that had it been a poor little country without influence on oilprices America would not have interfered...that´s politics!!!
I´m not saying that americans are angels...They´ve not ratified the basic human rights in the world...they´ve got deathpenalty in serveral states...and some times they get hung up in the small things...like abortion i.e.
But to make an attack on unprepared, innocent and cilvilian people is just an hideous and cowardiss act.
I´m not uptodate on the american politics in Israel...I suppose that the israeli people are favorites to the americans...because the palaestinians tend to be a little aggresive...and that scares a lot of people.
........What I´m trying to say is that we are all to blame for the problems in the world...but the answer sent to the USA was totally out of proportions.

Med kærlig hilsen til det amerikanske folk
Jesper Mohr
Mohr_one@hotmail.com

Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 02:47 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Great post Sparhawk!

It is nice to see solidarity from around the world, even if it is for just this one event. I too lost friends and collegues in the attacks and that pain is still with me.

I agree that for this act of absolute cowardice, the US cannot be blamed, no matter what it's past record. bin Laden is a madmen! Hell bent on destroying what he believes is an evil to Islam. Two of his demands that he has stated are
1)Pull all troops out of Saudi Arabia
2)Discontinue support for Israel
But even if we fulfilled these two (and some other things he has demanded) would he really be satisfied? I don't think so. I really don't think this is about anything the US has done in the past. This is about a hatred for the western world. We allow things that are unheard of in a Muslim world (especially in an extremist sense). We allow women basic freedoms. We eat pork. We allow graven images. We have TV and Radio. And many more. To an extremist like bin Laden these things are an outrage and should be stopped. We are evil in his eyes. Not b/c of our troops, not b/c of our support of Israel, but b/c we do not follow the basic Muslim rules that he follows!

And don't think he will be content with only hitting the US. Europe is just as prime a target and I don't think it will be long before a terrorist attempt is made there.

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:35 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I think it is very important to have a free mind...
Bin Laden has his opinions and let that be...I mean his opinions is not so much different from other muslims in the middle east...especially the paleastinians...there are many who distance themselves from this event...but there are more that enjoy it :O(
Freedom of speach is one thing...Bin Laden has gone further and with terror tried to pull his opinions over our heads!!!
I suddenly recall my little brothers words on Adolf Hitler...the man was a great politician...with some rather ( no...totally ) insane wiews on the human rights...but none the less Hitler needed someone to blame...he chose the jewish people!
Bin Laden is in the same situation...I understand that he is upset with american forces camping out in Saudi Arabia...
So Bin Laden has chosen the american people...I think he´ll pay for that!!!
I guess that he wants the muslims to find peace without us western heathens

I find myself in the situation of thinking that the american politicians involve them selves to much in the politic of the world...the phrase
"worlds Big Brother" is not unknown to me...it is partially the european politicians fault...since they doen´t say no to the help offered...I mean help is good...but in time the children need to learn to walk for themselves.

The funny thing about THAT phrase is that in terms of time america is the child and Europe is the grandold man...but then again compared to the egypt...well got a little sidetracked there

Jesper Mohr

Old 10-11-2001, 05:36 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Great post Sparhawk! I couldn't have said it better myself, even though I've been trying to in a few of the threads around here.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 08:33 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

NEB it is kinda funny...you see I was shocked and terrified with this almost unspeakable act of terrorism...but I first went REALLY mad when I saw those danish Paleastinians celebrate their "Victory"...that made me..."#&#"¤&¤/#"¤/ Goddamn...and a lot of words that I can´t even write here...Well I´m off to the bed...it´s very late and after ten straight hours of BG2 I´m wasted...Sleep well out there and fear not...

`cause the boogyman ain´t Bin Laden...it is...BIG SURPRISE...Irenicus