Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 04:12 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

As I type Mr. Bush is speaking to the US. I believe he needs to join Toastmasters to learn to speak without a speech written. Anyone catch it?

Mark
Old 10-09-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
As I type Mr. Bush is speaking to the US. I believe he needs to join Toastmasters to learn to speak without a speech written. Anyone catch it?

Mark

Nope. What's the gist?

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-09-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Mostly to thank Mr. Kohl and the German people for standing with us. And to get very angry about security leaks through the Congress. The regular Oaths were oathed about terrorism and how we will fight on everywhere.

He stuttered alot and said ummm alot, hence my ToastMasters comment. My wife joined them and they teach you not say ah, umm, and and in your speeches, even if they are not rehearsed. Some say it's part of his charm, but I don't really agree with that. I want him to stand tall and speak with assuredness and make us proud when he gets in front of the camera.

Oh well. Looks like this will be perceived as Bushwhacking, so I'll stop now.

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 04:36 PM   #4
Vampire

Bush Speech:
" Ummmm this is a very serious matter folks. Ummm errr very serious... uuhhh no joke. I will not endanger the American troops (duh). I will not reveal intelligence errr.. information (what's new?). More Errrsss...."

------------------
Old 10-09-2001, 04:38 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Bush Speech:
" Ummmm this is a very serious matter folks. Ummm errr very serious... uuhhh no joke. I will not endanger the American troops (duh). I will not reveal intelligence errr.. information (what's new?). More Errrsss...."

sigh.... how many of us claim to be total comfortable in public speaking?
president is a human too, you know? he got his own goods and bads. patient, man. now is the time to give support
Old 10-09-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

That's the point! He IS the President for crying out loud. He speaks for us all, he should try a lot harder, that's all.

Mark
Old 10-09-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

But a person should be elected on their beliefs/thoughts/plans, not on how well they speak in public. Many fine leaders have been very poor orators. Like 250 said, not everyone is comfortable or can speak well in front of an audience. I am one of these people. I have been giving speeches and presentations for University and work for 10 years and I still say umm and err, and lose my place, and a variety of other things. I have tried to improve this by taking speech classes, reading books, practising with friends, but they do not work. I have to finally admit, I will not be a great orator but that will not stop me from succeeding in any aspect of my life!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-09-2001, 05:03 PM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
That's the point! He IS the President for crying out loud. He speaks for us all, he should try a lot harder, that's all.

Mark
whole other army, that army of speechwriters. Blair isn't bad when it comes to extempore speaking. He can spiel out whole vanloads of rhetoric without any seeming effort at all.

Didja hear about the leaked memo from Stephen Byers political advisor - suggesting that the UK government should take advantage of the world crisis to bury any controversial decisions being made at these times in other areas? Apparently the memo was sent within half an hour of the second plane hitting the twin towers on Sept 11.

Exact wording 'It's a very good day to get out anything we want to bury'.

Politicians. They're all heart.

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 05:04 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Politicians. They're all heart.
Yes, hearts of gold even, small hard and yellow.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:07 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
But a person should be elected on their beliefs/thoughts/plans, not on how well they speak in public.

Yes, but he wasn't, was he? Elected, I mean. Not as I understand the term. Without ambiguity, honestly, as the candidate with the most votes, proven. And re plans, well, he renagued on Kyoto the minute his bum hit the chair.

And I do think the president of the world's only remaining superpower, who has awesome responsbilities, SHOULD be able to speak well extempore. The man comes over as a puppet, fine when he's got an army of minders, crap left to himself. I could be wrong, mind, that's just my impression. I expect we'll find out everything once he's left office. It all comes out then, doesn't it.....

------------------