Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
zehrfox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What does the charm spell do for your party. I heard that charming a merchant will get you better prices, but you risk upsetting them. Is this true, and what over uses have people found for this spell.
zehrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:37 AM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hi zehrfox!

I think that's not true, the prices stay the same. You can use it if an NPC is neutral to your party, because then he won't sell anything to you or refuse talking about something you want to know. If you use charm successfull on him, he will become friendly (until you leave him, then the charm spell ends and he will be neutral again) and you can trade, talk, whatever... I fizzled several charm spells up to now, but never anybody went mad for that, so I think, it doesn't matter, but I may have been lucky...

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 03-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

It will also pretty rapidly raise your Psionic magic skill, it is good to always charm the npcs when you have the spell points to burn for the skill points you'll gain for it.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
zehrfox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great, thanks for the information.

Game On!
zehrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Pyrates:
I fizzled several charm spells up to now, but never anybody went mad for that, so I think, it doesn't matter, but I may have been lucky...

I think Antone Rapax does get angry if you try to charm him.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:57 PM   #6
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well any NPC may get angry if you backfire the charm spell on them; if you're doing it, try to keep it within the green circles, so long as it doesn't backfire I've never seen it get anyone upset [img]smile.gif[/img]