Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2001, 06:55 AM   #1
Ziroc

Gwhanos and 'CFFL', you two have continued to post spam after I have posted the warnings.

Gwhanos- Your account has a -500 post penalty.
'CFFL' - Since you are newer, your account has a -100 post penalty.

I WON'T ask again for you to stop posting messages (Gwhanos) bitching about ranks and spamming. and 'CFFL' I have had to delete over TEN threads by you in the Baldurs Gate forums alone. Stop now. No further warnings.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 07:06 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Did you by any chance delete a topic in the gd too? I cant seem to find it anywere.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:15 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Did you by any chance delete a topic in the gd too? I cant seem to find it anywere.
I think it's been deleted Dreamer - I too saw it, and thought to myself it wouldn't be here for long

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-05-2001, 08:17 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Is this also about his actions towards me, Ziroc, or just the spamming? If you do not know what I'm talking about, check this. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun here (i.e. cffl: You are most welcome here, that's not the problem), but what he typed there, really bugged me off..

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-05-2001, 08:40 AM   #5
www.cffl.com

This is about me testing my signature stuff in the baldurs gate TOB forum isnt it? ANd if it was id dint know jack about it and then someone toldme about it i juust started editig. Thats outrageous for both of us!!!! WHat where my threads about anyways? the only one that i was "spamming" in was that one about my sig and i didnt even know what spamming was,i was just trying to fix my sig. I didnt ever come here or to anyof the other ones to see what spamming was. I dont care about tthe posts at all i didnt know how to fix my sig. so i figured tat ws the easiest way to do it. YOu can set me down to 0 for all i care you can do whatever you want to my thingy just dont delete it i just want to helllp ppl out and why did you delete my binladen thing? THat was NOT spamming I dont give a $$$$ about the whole rank thing.

I think you are jsut a controll freak.

------------------

HADB Clan Rulz

[This message has been edited by www.cffl.com (edited 10-05-2001).]

Old 10-05-2001, 08:44 AM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm sorry Ziroc, I may irritate you and others with this post, but so be it.

I really think that this 'spam' thing is a bit biased! Gwhanos and cffl, have spammed (especially Gwhanos) but, IMHO, no more than a lot of other more popular people on this board. And yes I am talking popularity and bias towards certain persons. What is the difference b/w a spam post saying "I hate being a silver dragon" and "I agree, that rocks!"...according to your posted rules both are spam, but I have seen the latter numerous times over and over again by certain members without a warning...the former however gets you deleted post counts?

Favoritism has driven others off this board and it is udderly ridiculous. If you are going to post rules about spam, you can not be selective in the enforcement of those rules!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-05-2001, 08:47 AM   #7
www.cffl.com

And wehn you deleted my posts you ended up taking 130 sum away bcuz i had 235 and now have lke 103 i think but this is crazy! I DONT care about the posts but stll 500!!!!!!!!

CONTROL FREAK

------------------

HADB Clan Rulz

[This message has been edited by www.cffl.com (edited 10-05-2001).]

Old 10-05-2001, 08:57 AM   #8
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I'm sorry Ziroc, I may irritate you and others with this post, but so be it.

I really think that this 'spam' thing is a bit biased! Gwhanos and cffl, have spammed (especially Gwhanos) but, IMHO, no more than a lot of other more popular people on this board. And yes I am talking popularity and bias towards certain persons. What is the difference b/w a spam post saying "I hate being a silver dragon" and "I agree, that rocks!"...according to your posted rules both are spam, but I have seen the latter numerous times over and over again by certain members without a warning...the former however gets you deleted post counts?

Favoritism has driven others off this board and it is udderly ridiculous. If you are going to post rules about spam, you can not be selective in the enforcement of those rules!

Favoritism my ass

Gwhanos is obviously posting for ranks and so he admitted
He got a warning once and still continues...

About cffl well I can;t understand half of what he says but i do know he tends to post a lot topics that have nothing to do with the ToB forum

And about the ones who were driven away by favoritism, She had that in her own mind and she attacked the ones who were "favored"
if you act like that, no suprise people turn against you

About me personally
And i take this favoritism as an attack on me as i seem to be a high posting member who is also an old member

I don;t spam
I say this and i don;t care if Accord would storm in and tell me i was king of
approved
The difference between spam and conversations is that Spamming is first of all mostly off-topic
Second It's based upon nothing and is often irritating

I never post really off-topic stuff, i admit to sometimes having one word w\posts but they are a direct reply on something asked to me or something that "requeres" an reaction

Again if you are talking about people thinking about favoritism
I got banned for NOT Flaming
I just made an Account with a name that had some connection with someone who felt i was attacking him
NEVER did I flame him
Never did i talk bad about him
And he had a Big Smile and called me all kinds of names that i will not repeat and still I got banned not him...

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-05-2001, 08:59 AM   #9
Rikard

Ziroc a question for you
can you show some of the posts that lead to them being on notest
just to show people what cannot be done

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-05-2001, 09:16 AM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Favoritism my ass

Gwhanos is obviously posting for ranks and so he admitted
He got a warning once and still continues...

About cffl well I can;t understand half of what he says but i do know he tends to post a lot topics that have nothing to do with the ToB forum

And about the ones who were driven away by favoritism, She had that in her own mind and she attacked the ones who were "favored"
if you act like that, no suprise people turn against you

About me personally
And i take this favoritism as an attack on me as i seem to be a high posting member who is also an old member

I don;t spam
I say this and i don;t care if Accord would storm in and tell me i was king of
approved
The difference between spam and conversations is that Spamming is first of all mostly off-topic
Second It's based upon nothing and is often irritating

I never post really off-topic stuff, i admit to sometimes having one word w\posts but they are a direct reply on something asked to me or something that "requeres" an reaction

Again if you are talking about people thinking about favoritism
I got banned for NOT Flaming
I just made an Account with a name that had some connection with someone who felt i was attacking him
NEVER did I flame him
Never did i talk bad about him
And he had a Big Smile and called me all kinds of names that i will not repeat and still I got banned not him...

If you take this as an attack on yourself then so be it, trust me when I say I did not have you in mind when posting my comments. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself without provocation? I did not name anybody...I too have a lot of posts. If you do not spam, then there is no need to defend yourself!

The comments were not made to offend, just to state my point of view. I agree 100% with Ziroc's decision to warn Gwhanos and cffl and drop their post count, however, I feel that they have been 'singled' out as an example while others are allowed to post what I consider, according to the stated rules, spam!

Regarding your comment about 'her' leaving b/c 'she' felt and saw the favortism, let me say that 'she' is not the only one to a) see it and b) leave b/c of it!

People may attack me on this subject, but I can and will state my opinion on this topic!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!