Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-27-2001, 04:35 PM   #101
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry I came off as a bit harsh (the whole quitting smoking thing ) but what I meant is that some of these threads should stay serious b/c 1) maybe others wish to post something on the actual subject or 2) it is discourteous to the original poster of the thread...please don't remind me who started the thread and who is be lighthearted I know it already, but sometimes the original poster wishes the thread to stay on topic and it goes off-topic...it really aggrevates me sometimes...

I guess I am saying...you want off-topic lighter humor...start a new thread!

Sorry tough day...please bear with me!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-27-2001, 04:46 PM   #102
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Sorry I came off as a bit harsh (the whole quitting smoking thing ) but what I meant is that some of these threads should stay serious b/c 1) maybe others wish to post something on the actual subject or 2) it is discourteous to the original poster of the thread...please don't remind me who started the thread and who is be lighthearted I know it already, but sometimes the original poster wishes the thread to stay on topic and it goes off-topic...it really aggrevates me sometimes...

Oh I see. Ok. This thread got a bit heated back there, and I started lightening up a bit to cool things down. Then I forgot about the original topic altogether! But I do see what you mean..

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-27-2001, 04:48 PM   #103
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

It's all good, Moridin, you have a valid and timely point there. I've been hijacking threads lately when I probably should have started new ones... mea culpa.
Don't worry about having a bad day in front of everyone, either. The whole bloody planet's been having a downer lately...

Blessed Be

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 05:47 AM   #104
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Heya Absynthe, how you doing, chucky egg? Nice post!!

Greetings, Oh Argent Puss! Thanks for that, I seem to be getting spleenish lately... Not doing too badly overall, a bit rushed today from the brouhaha at work, kinda feeling the mileage. About time for a quiet weekend curled up with a good bunch of books. Looking forward to poets day, I am.
In re Fljotsdales test results: Is she as innocent as all that?

Ciao

Absynthe - poet's day, profound grasp of syntax, hoist by your own petard. LOL You have to have British blood in you along the way.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-28-2001, 08:28 AM   #105
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Absynthe - poet's day, profound grasp of syntax, hoist by your own petard. LOL You have to have British blood in you along the way.

Actually, I just found out in the last week or so that my father's family is about 60% Welsh and 40% Prussian. So I suppose that's a fairly near miss on British...

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 09:46 AM   #106
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Eye for an eye, tooh for a tooth, til one goes blind and the other one go Dumb..

Or Turn the other cheek around?

No matter what you all like or prefer,what you think you know, what you think is right.. I can tell you all one thing..

Getting harsh and rude here isnīt going to solve anything. We are ALL regardless entitled to our own thoughts and ideas, but also, we are here on a public forum made to have fun in.

Iīm not telling you you aer flaming each other, thats why I adress you all here. we all know that alot of bad things have happened lately.. But please. Take one or two more seconds when you post a message in a heated argument like this ok? Be nice, be realistic, be patient and respect each other. Iīm not asking you to love each other or to be happy merry friends or anything. Just observe that this flaming buisness is pretty booring oki. So you donīt agree? Fine, donīt agree, but donīt poke your stick into the hornets nest..

If you have a controversial thought, be prepaired to that people will react to it. So please, think before posting.. No more no less..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..Iīm hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-28-2001, 12:01 PM   #107
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Eye for an eye, tooh for a tooth, til one goes blind and the other one go Dumb..

No matter what you all like or prefer,what you think you know, what you think is right.. I can tell you all one thing..

Getting harsh and rude here isnīt going to solve anything. We are ALL regardless entitled to our own thoughts and ideas, but also, we are here on a public forum made to have fun in.

Iīm not telling you you aer flaming each other, thats why I adress you all here. we all know that alot of bad things have happened lately.. But please. Take one or two more seconds when you post a message in a heated argument like this ok? Be nice, be realistic, be patient and respect each other. Iīm not asking you to love each other or to be happy merry friends or anything. Just observe that this flaming buisness is pretty booring oki. So you donīt agree? Fine, donīt agree, but donīt poke your stick into the hornets nest..

If you have a controversial thought, be prepaired to that people will react to it. So please, think before posting.. No more no less..

RIGHT ON WOLFIE!!!!!!!

------------------

Old 09-28-2001, 05:34 PM   #108
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Good post Wolfgir. I wish everyone would read this and take it to heart.

Very good post.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison